Fade the Jobs Number 3/10/23

Talked to a buddy - his company and his wife's company banked at SVB. Questions arising of how 3/15 payroll will be met. Twitter reporting issues of direct deposits at Wells Fargo not showing up: I can imagine that there are payments that were scheduled out of SVB that aren't being fulfilled. I figure also the Feds will clean all this up by Monday, because otherwise you are going to see knock-on effects.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Jimi said:

Talked to a buddy - his company and his wife's company banked at SVB. Questions arising of how 3/15 payroll will be met. Twitter reporting issues of direct deposits at Wells Fargo not showing up: I can imagine that there are payments that were scheduled out of SVB that aren't being fulfilled. I figure also the Feds will clean all this up by Monday, because otherwise you are going to see knock-on effects.

They have to. Otherwise bank run espacially on regional banks.

6 minutes ago, WTF said:

Wonder what mom & pop with "real" money are doing today?  Could they be calling their money managers and telling them to get them the hell out of the equity markets and into treasuries?  Oh never mind, that would never happen....  to the moon Alice!!!

J6P sells at the bottom, not in the middle of nowhere.

7 hours ago, DrStool said:

On the other hand, crashes start from apparently Dover Sole lows. If this sport level gives way, an 80 point drop could happen in a heartbeat. 

9 minutes ago, potatohead said:

RRP to the rescue.

Frosted Flakes Tony The Tiger T-Shirt - Royal Blue

Hmmmm....

Still about where they were at the beginning of the week. Yesterday spiked because of the $51 billion T-bill paydown. 

It ain't over till it's over. And it ain't over yet. 

From nice Nice, France, where the temperature was 70 degrees today and the sun shone brightly all day. I bid you, Bonne nuit et bonne chance! 

Archived