The Other Shoe 3/8/23

It's an Ed Sullivan moment. A really big shoe. 

Meanwhile, we're home on the range again. The hourly cycle oscillators on the ES, 24 hour S&P futures say it's a 5 day cycle low, 4 day variant edition. But the ES needs to clear 4000 to actualize that.

Otherwise, no dice. And if they take out the bottom of the range at about 3985, we could be in Crash City. The next stop would be down at 3920.  Mixed Bag of Signals Screaming, “Walk This Way” March 5, 2023

-hc0n

Meanwhile, the 10 year yield is headed down again. That's because some money managers are using that $50 billion T-bill paydown that will hit their accounts tomorrow to extend maturities. The big test will again be around 3.90, as you can see on the hourly chart.  February Withholding Taxes Say – Fade the Jobs Report! March 2, 2023

-hc1i

The hourly gold chart is horrific. Does it need to hold the low here. Why, yes. Yes it does. 

-hc2j

Gold On Cusp of Brutal Outlook if This Happens March 8, 2023

For moron the markets, see:

If you're serious about the underlying forces of supply and demand that drive the markets, join me!

If  you are a new visitor to the Stool, please register and join in! To post your observations and charts, and snide, but good-natured, comments, click here to register. Be sure to respond to the confirmation email which is sent instantly. If not in your inbox, check your spam folder. 

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, potatohead said:

FED'S POWELL: THE REPO MARKET IS FUNCTIONING REASONABLY WELL THESE DAYS.

With the help from Janet Yellen and RRP. Seems the Treasury is implementing its own Monetary Policy with Bill paydowns then new issuance, then bill paydowns, etc

True. 

Purgatory is trying to convince Wells Fargo with my executed power of attorney document to place me on the checking account of my widowered 99 year-old father with spectacularly advanced dementia so that I might pay his taxes & stuff; except, the checking account in question is held by a family trust (they were teachers... we're not talking millions here), which therefore requires notarized coordination among multiple successor trustees (i.e., my siblings in various geographic remove) and a letter (wet signature on letterhead - positively no emails or autopens) from his asshole-of-a-physician at Kaiser (Death > Them), despite his care now being fully overseen by hospice (for the second time, and with a recent extension).

Hell is the location of his Vanguard account - also held by the trust.

Heaven was Saturday night at the Fillmore West to see Galactic.

$SPX - Tomorrow there's going to be a 2nd golden cross between the 100 DMA and 200 DMA. The last time such a crossover failed was in 2002, but then price was below both MAs and both MAs were declining unlike now when both are rising. 3940 is a key level that has to be defended

20230309_080654.jpg

Archived