In Memory of Thomas Crapper 2/24/23

Market participants will say a final prayer before the market gets flushed today. 

We are again seeing normal 2-3 day and 5 day frequencies on the hourly chart of the ES 24 hour S&P futures.  Those cycles just made concurrent highs in the premarket morning hours Now we could get a 2-3 day cycle low this morning, but if there's no material bounce, or a weak one, as the lows are tested, the outlook for the rest of the day will be dire for the bulls. And bears, who have been forced to be reluctant shorts by the constant vicious whipsaws (you're looking at him), may miss out on the next big move down. 

The number to watch on the downside is 3960. There should be a rebound from there. If not, batten down the hatches. The first significant stopping point would probably be 3940, which is the bottom of a developing megaphone at the lows? Who ever heard of such a thing. Megaphones develop on the way up, sometimes as tops, and sometimes as consolidations. But on the way down? Not in my memory. 

On the other hand, if the 3969 low holds, look for a rebound to 3999. Then we'll see. 

-dgpp

Longer term view.

Meanwhile, the bond market had the benefit of a $48 billion T-bill paydown stuffing cash into institutional accounts. It will have no such support in the days ahead. In fact, the opposite. I speck a breakout in the 10 year yield above 4%, with no looking back. Here's the hourly chart. 

-dgtq

US Treasury Throws A Shocker to Reverse the Stock Market Outlook

For moron the markets, see:

If you're serious about the underlying forces of supply and demand that drive the markets, join me!

If  you are a new visitor to the Stool, please register and join in! To post your observations and charts, and snide, but good-natured, comments, click here to register. Be sure to respond to the confirmation email which is sent instantly. If not in your inbox, check your spam folder.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hybrid working expected to push US office vacancies to record by 2030:
Hybrid working will push US office vacancies 55 per cent above their pre-pandemic levels to a record 1.1bn square feet by 2030, according to a stark industry forecast that attempts to quantify the damage to the commercial property sector wrought by changing work patterns.

https://www.ft.com/content/ad2bfd65-0dd8-42d5-925b-0a53a6d80cb6

15 minutes ago, sandy beach said:

Hybrid working will push US office vacancies 55 per cent above their pre-pandemic levels to a record 1.1bn square feet by 2030, according to a stark industry forecast that attempts to quantify the damage to the commercial property sector wrought by changing work patterns.

I have to  chuckle because over the years I've watched the erstwhile ETF to short REITS, SRS, and I figured a long time ago that no possible crash in that market will probably ever cause that POS to get off the floor. All time high 35,400, currently 17.  Maybe I will buy 10 for fun.

3 hours ago, sandy beach said:

I was warning about the coming commercial real estate collapse as soon as the pandemic emptied out offices and retail stores.  And they were massively overpriced to begin with because the Fed had driven cap rates from where they had always been 8-11% to 1-3%. Even without the pandemic, collapse was guaranteed. This will be worse than any prior collapse and the 87-91 S&L crisis was bad enough. 

BABA round tripped from $88 to $120 back to $88 in less than 2 months.  (China reopening not going so gouda???  Don't worry the new hopium of "Ai" is sure to work :wacko:)

The other flying monkeys in this monkey see, monkey do, monkey pee all over you rally, including TSLA, META & NVDA, will all round trip in time... keep buying the dips and you deserve everything you are going to get.

Archived