Another Day, Another Sucker Play - 2/9/23

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, fxfox said:

I have read Jorma's post yesterday evening twice and today at least five times, but still don't get it. Sorry.

It's pretty simple. 10yr Treasury notes rates have been in a downtrend for over 3 months ,and along with that mortgage and other associated rates.  Tbills are nearly flat this year. But the Fed we are told is "raising rates", right.  I figured that of all places this would be understood as contradictory, nonsensical. 

I also guess the Fed is happy about it. Who knows?  Lee thought not. Whatever. It's all screwed up because of the lack of issuance now.  

15 minutes ago, Jorma said:

It's pretty simple. 10yr Treasury notes rates have been in a downtrend for over 3 months ,and along with that mortgage and other associated rates.  Tbills are nearly flat this year. But the Fed we are told is "raising rates", right.  I figured that of all places this would be understood as contradictory, nonsensical. 

I also guess the Fed is happy about it. Who knows?  Lee thought not. Whatever. It's all screwed up because of the lack of issuance now.  

There is massive overwhelming issuance. Exact opposite of what I had expected. I wrote a report today in Liquidity Trader that explains what's going on And what's the implications are. 

1 hour ago, WTF said:

I rode the gold train up from 2000 to 2011 and unfortunately down the other side of the mountain.  I actually still have an account with some junior miners that I refuse to sell just for spite.  I guess the saying is true that you pay for your education, hope I actually learned something.

I guess, I am still a gold bug at heart and could go into a rant about why gold should be $5,000 - $10,000 an ounce, but this is business.  One day the gold bugs will have their day, but unfortunately (or maybe fortunately, because things would have gone terribly wrong with the current financial system) today is not that day.

I didn't like doing it but took a 3x inverse gold miners position using GDXD last week.  From personal experience I know that the speed of the downturns in gold can be head spinning, years' worth of gains gone in a handful of months.

Looking forward to a day when I can again have a long position in some silver stocks.

I'd hold onto those junior positions(my nickname for juniors is "The Junk Pile"), gold will be having it's day and frankly...I don't think that day is all that far off.  Although, between here and there is a steep wall of pain.  If you were there during the decline of '08 you understand exactly what I'm saying.

I won't comment on 3x inverse funds...other than to say,  I don't like them and I don't like what they usually end up doing to traders I happen to care about.  Please be careful.

I prefer longer trends(6 to 18 months) and then just excel at being correct.  If you do this consistently...the money adds up fast enough.  I'll add...I never use leverage.  I pay cash...

I'll always be a goldbug...not a big fan of miners, but I'm a huge fan of gold and I should probably add gold's kid sister to the mix...silver.  If you aren't rich.  Load on up silver...that is my call.

I probably should mention.....while I'm not a big fan of the miners, I do enjoy the royalty model.

And I'm not poo pooing the miners either.  I just don't have the need for the leverage.  If I was young...I'd be looking at everything from the "up and comers" to the "intermediate producers".  Then toss in a couple Royalty companies and call it a day.

Oops...looks like 4100 broke as I was typing.

Best,

TCG

47 minutes ago, DrStool said:

There is massive overwhelming issuance. Exact opposite of what I had expected. I wrote a report today in Liquidity Trader that explains what's going on And what's the implications are. 

I know. We know. In this short term. I do watch. https://treasurydirect.gov/auctions/announcements-data-results/announcement-results-press-releases/cash-pay-down/

21 minutes ago, The CoinGuy said:

While a promising development...I'll be following my rules.

"One day does not a new trend make...I'll judge today by what I see tomorrow."

Show me...

TCG

oh...and...

WTF, do me a favor and please briefly mention when your inverse fund pops 9.50...

👍  Will do...

9 minutes ago, Jorma said:

You think it can?  The Debt Limit is opaque to say the least but how many hundreds of billions of fudging is there?

I covered this in detail. They can and they will. They have made a policy decision. It's done. 

1 hour ago, fxfox said:

Coinbase monthly horror candle, same as in August…

fxfox...

saw the symbol and thought I'd take a look.

75 looks to be a solid wall of resistance for this one. 

I've never followed COIN, but 10 seconds into the chart the only words I could utter...Train Wreck.

I like the symbol...don't like the chart.

TCG

Archived