The Market's Moment of Truth Has Arrived 2/3/23

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, The CoinGuy said:

I'd like to continue posting full-time, but my life is about to get complicated...with a surgery tossed into the mix.  Although...laparoscopic in nature, so hopefully not as much downtime as the last go around. 

I do recall making a promise to be here at each and every major turn going forward and it is my intention that I keep this promise as long as I'm alive...smile.

To accelerate the process... 

Perhaps, look back and see how many days the decline in the DJI was vs. the Nasdaq and the S&P 500 during the pandemic crash?

I'll come along and give part two to that real soon.

Then maybe one or three steps later and the dominoes just start falling.

TCG

oh...and...

I know everyone likes to prognosticate on Friday's, then we usually come in Monday and the whole psychology of the markets has changed leaving everyone going...WTF?

To me...nothing's changed from my early comment.  The upside doesn't feel finished.  If we leave doji's here without making new highs....could be a base for more repeats in Doc's pattern chart I just viewed above this post.

Wishing you are quick and easy procedure and recovery!

7 minutes ago, sandy beach said:

Wishing you are quick and easy procedure and recovery!

Thank you for the well wishes SB.  I was wondering where you were...for the last week when I drop in, I have been looking below to see the current posters in the forum and just about everyone has been accounted for besides you and PMF.

Good to see you're still around the forum...

Take care,

TCG

oh...and...

SiP...thanks for posting that FTSE chart.  I haven't looked abroad in awhile and that completely caught me off guard.  Actually looks a little 'double top-ish'.  

Full moon on Sunday.  I'll be watching Monday closely...

The UK is a parody. Making new high. in the meantime......

I mean you could burn most of the books about economy and trading. We live in such a times thats the best its just to speculate based on short timeframes and pure TA.

If you would play like the old dogs based on macro you would go broke several times. So its complete waste of time to read the news and follow the macro data if you want to use this knowledge to invest.

The last 15 years completly change my mind about markets. Im here since 2004. And feel like im still learning. But also a little bit frustrated, why did I read all those books. It was waste of time. Better to play games on steam or have time with family.

20230204_085303.jpg

8 hours ago, The CoinGuy said:

Thank you for the well wishes SB.  I was wondering where you were...for the last week when I drop in, I have been looking below to see the current posters in the forum and just about everyone has been accounted for besides you and PMF.

Good to see you're still around the forum...

Take care,

TCG

oh...and...

SiP...thanks for posting that FTSE chart.  I haven't looked abroad in awhile and that completely caught me off guard.  Actually looks a little 'double top-ish'.  

Full moon on Sunday.  I'll be watching Monday closely...

My wife had this kind of surgery 6 months ago. The Doc taken something from her belly, like a stone or something. if my english translator is right, its called "gallbladder". She was on special diet but the whole surgery was easy peasy so dont worry.

She also had cancer in her neck. it was in thyroid. So they cut out half of thyroid. That was also easy peasy.

on the other side i hate my surgeries. Had two within last 1 year because i broke hand at the mountains. First surgery was made in public Polish hospital. They made huge mistake (young doctor) so i almost lost my hand :(, I had 3 months later second surgery in private hospital. i lost only like 10% of my right hand and can't do just push ups only.

So all the best and don't worry.

"This exceptional mountain homestead is unparalleled in it's genre."

LOL

Gonna forgive the misplaced apostrophe describing this 8 acre property on the market for 2 days.

What's the old saying? "Keep your friends close, and your pot harvest closer."

https://www.redfin.com/CA/Willits/Undisclosed-address-95490/home/120508002

SiP...

I've been battling through so many health problems over the last decade that the bands they put around your wrist as they take you into the ER?  I collect them.  My stack is now several inches thick...and that's just from the last two years.

Enter 'Fundoplication' into your translator...that'll get you close.

Best,

TCG

Key events this week:

• Earnings this week are scheduled to include: AP Moller-Maersk, Apollo Global Management, AstraZeneca, BNP Paribas, BP, CME Group, Duke Energy, KKR, Nintendo, PepsiCo, Semiconductor Manufacturing International, Siemens, SoftBank Group, Toyota Motor, Uber Technologies, Unilever, Walt Disney

• Eurozone retail sales, Monday

• Australia rate decision, Tuesday

• US trade, Tuesday

• Fed Chair Jerome Powell at the Economic Club of Washington, Tuesday

• US President Joe Biden delivers the State of the Union address, Tuesday

• India rate decision, Wednesday

• US wholesale inventories, Wednesday

• New York Fed’s John Williams at event in New York

• Sweden rate decision, Thursday

• US initial jobless claims, Thursday

• ECB President Christine Lagarde participates in EU leaders summit, Thursday

• Bank of England Governor Andrew Bailey appears before Treasury Committee, Thursday

• China PPI, CPI, BoP, Friday

• US University of Michigan consumer sentiment, Friday

• Fed’s Christopher Waller and Patrick Harker speak, Friday

Archived