Super Bowl Stock Market - 1/30/23

As the NFL heads for the Super Bowl, this week the stock market will have a spectacle of its own. The FOMC Super Bowl Circus comes to town, with the question of whether or not this will be a bull market, the whole ball game. 

I won't answer that here, but I will look at today's poor tents, and who is living in them. 

The bears have played a helluva game overnight and in the pre birth. But we've seen this game before -- the dealers shaking the trees because they want long inventory. Is that what this is again? The market has only pulled back to trend. A 3 day cycle low is due, and the 1 day cycle projection of 4022 has been all but hit. But the bears have a shot to break the trend. The 3 day cycle projection is 4012. 

Of course, anything that happens before the Dr. Jaysus Dog and Pony show is meaningless. They will preposition to be at a perfect infartion point.  We wait for that on Wednesday afternoon. Then we'll see. 

image.png

Stock Market Heads for the Super Bowl – Oddsmakers Pick the Bulls

For moron the markets, see:

If you're serious about the underlying forces of supply and demand that drive the markets, join me

If you are a new visitor to the Stool, please register and join in! To post your observations and charts, and snide, but good-natured, comments, click here to register. Be sure to respond to the confirmation email which is sent instantly. If not in your inbox, check your spam filter.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For the week ended January 27, there were 38 charts with multiple buy signals as of Thursday or Friday, and only 9 with multiple sells. None of the sells had high probability setups for shorting. I liked 6 of the buys enough to add them to the list, as shown on the table below (subscriber content). Non-subscribers click here for access.

Technical Trader subscribers click here to download the complete report.

I bought the first 15 minutes.  Stocks that were on my Chart picks list today. 

Also covered my shorts from Friday's close for a few nickels. 

Whether this is correct tactically or not remains to be seen. 

Or it's getting more difficult to understand what you mean? Play on words is fun but just an fyi, it is sometimes a chore trying to decipher your meaning. Long dong silver? What does that mean? You do you, I enjoy your musings but sometimes I just gotta say... huh?

Archived