Consolidation Consolida-A-tion!

Is makin me wait. 

But I'm running late. Gotta get that Gold Trader report published. 

I'll be back. 

Meanwhile, this speaks for itself. 

Along with the headline. 

image.png

For moron the markets, see:

If you're serious about the underlying forces of supply and demand that drive the markets, join me

If you are a new visitor to the Stool, please register and join in! To post your observations and charts, and snide, but good-natured, comments, click here to register. Be sure to respond to the confirmation email which is sent instantly. If not in your inbox, check your spam filter.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Debt-Ceiling Saga Puts the Treasury’s Financing Estimates Under Scrutiny
Market will take estimates ‘with a grain of salt,’ Cabana says
End-December cash balance was $253 billion below forecast

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2023-01-27/debt-cap-saga-puts-treasury-financing-estimates-under-microscope?srnd=politics-vp&leadSource=uverify wall

That's a Bloomberg headline, but the story is  behind the paywall. Let me guess. They won't mention the Treasury paying down, what was it, $200bn in T Bills in December.

Adlerian vocabulary

A process that is not defined by common homonym, homophone, or homograph standards. Rather a unique written phonic dialect used by the eldest generation of market historians or active traders to self-medicate through the use of alternative scrambled letters resembling the identical speech sounds of traditional word patterns. Sometimes viewed as a therapeutic approach applying humor to the self-inflicted stress of interpreting manipulative and sometimes insane market influences.

The Treasury almost never misses its cash goal for end of quarter. The estimates are normally extremely accurate, in fact, the coupon issuance estimates are carved in stone. Bill issuance is flexible. If anything, there's been persistently more revenue than they expected. 

This is one of the nexuses of my work. 

If it's possible to have more than one nexi. 

Just now, potatohead said:

Adlerian vocabulary

A process that is not defined by common homonym, homophone, or homograph standards. Rather a unique written phonic dialect used by the eldest generation of market historians or active traders to self-medicate through the use of alternative scrambled letters resembling the identical speech sounds of traditional word patterns. Sometimes viewed as a therapeutic approach applying humor to the self-inflicted stress of interpreting manipulative and sometimes insane market influences.

Pothead! Udaman! 

That's some jawn right there. 

Random Thoughts...

The zombie markets keep moving forward despite all the economic wounds being inflicted on them, climb that "wall of worry" little fella.

For the bears, I am liking the action of the markets being up into the FMOC rate decision next week, which side of that trade would have the most risk then?

It's all in the dollar.  If the Fed decides to totally abandon the dollar watch commodities explode much higher.

The market rally today is looking forced, artificial and exhausted.  Who are the buyers?

I have taken a small, long position in Nat Gas, could it finally be reaching a bottom?  Who knows with this beast.

Good luck out there,

WTF

Archived