Stocks on the Launchpad 1/17/23

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, WTF said:

Not that anyone cares about what I am trading but there were several differing opinions on my purchases of TSLA for a possible dead cat bounce over the last month.  Just wanted to give a quick update on the trade.

With the gap filled on the SPX and the follow-thru over 4,000 looking weak to me...

As of today, have sold 80% of my TSLA longs for a net $11.25/share profit.  Looking to sell final 20% at $135, max pain on monthly expiring options.  Stop loss moved up to $125, will close position, if not already closed, prior to earnings report next week.  (Report will be a stock mover, I just am not sure which way.)

Sorry for boring you with the details, WTF.

Not boring at all. I like to learn how good traders think and set up things. 

3 minutes ago, DrStool said:

It's shocking and mystifying. 

They must use the cash to pay down intragovernmental debt. Why, why, why. oh god WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Perhaps the answer to your question resides in a haiku:

Do not question why

Ours is but to trade or die

Thus sayeth Yellen

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

VERY STRANGE BOND CURVES

Something does'nt add up....

Why is the treasury curve inverted whilst the corporate and municipal curves are not?????????

Strange just strange

Someone is playing games.......

Good and valid point, worth to elaborate.

One has the impression that somewhere around the world someone is always printing. The Chinese, the Japanese, sometimes the Europeans, then the FED...

Hard to say which direct impact the printing and massive buying of JGB's by the BoJ has regarding the US and European stock market. To some extend it has I guess, but how that mechanism works I don't know exactly.

Archived