Bears are in Trouble 1/5/23

I was looking at the charts of a couple of European bourses this morning. Some pretty nice looking bullish bases over the past few months are on the brink of breakouts. Keep an eye on those this week and next. Could be a signal for the US, which is hopelessly mired in a seemingly endless and incomprehensible trading range. 

zyyll

As for our hourly chart of the ES, S&P 24 hour futures, I have no idea what to think. There are no recognizable time cycles. Each wave has a different duration. There are some higher lows and some lower lows. Some higher highs, and some lower highs. Positive divergences and negative divergences. Indicators completely out of sync. 

One thing that may or may not be a tell is that over the past week, the cycle oscillators have stayed above the zero line and momentum has been mostly above that line. That tilts toward, but doesn't guarantee a bullish resolution. 

This is just one of those markets where you pays your money and you takes your chances or just sit on the sideline until this mess resolves, hopefully, allowing enough time for recognition and entry. 

image.png 

Zooming in to 30 minute bars, I ask, "Is it a top or is it a bottom?" I don't know yet.

image.png

Working on a Federal Revenues update to be posted later today at Liquidity Trader. We'll see how the US economy and jobs really did in December.  

For moron the markets, see:

I am working on swing trade screens right now for posting before NY opens. I'll have a gold update tomorrow, followed by a new Liquidity Trader Money Trends report focusing on December tax collections and yobs man. 

If you're serious about the underlying forces of supply and demand that drive the markets, join me

If you are a new visitor to the Stool, please register and join in! To post your observations and charts, and snide, but good-natured, comments, click here to register. Be sure to respond to the confirmation email which is sent instantly. If not in your inbox, check your spam filter.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Presumably the current and hopefully brief failure of governance in the US is hunky dory in the FX market. 

https://www.marketwatch.com/investing/index/dxy

The GBP levitation looks in doubt. I think that day it collapsed, 9/26, was an important day. I don't know what they did, whoever they are, did to save the BOE, or what they will do going forward.

Archived