Be Nimble, Be Quick 1/4/23

If you are day trading a 5 day cycle, you lose. If you are day trading a 3 day cycle, you lose. If you are trading a two day cycle you were good until yesterday. Yesterday, not so much. Now if you downshift to trading 1 day, intraday cycles, I guarantee, they will bomb you with a breakout and extended move. Which means one of two things. You will either be positioned the wrong way and get crushed. Or you will be left standing on the platform when the train leaves the station.

OK so I'm talking about myself again. 

Oy. 

As I complete my complaint, the ES 24 hour S&P fucutures have downticked to set up a new downtrend channel. They gotta break 3794 to get anything rolling on the downside, for starters. 

image.png

I am working on a Gold Trader update

For moron the markets, see:

I am working on swing trade screens right now for posting before NY opens. I'll have a gold update tomorrow, followed by a new Liquidity Trader Money Trends report focusing on December tax collections and yobs man. 

If you're serious about the underlying forces of supply and demand that drive the markets, join me

If you are a new visitor to the Stool, please register and join in! To post your observations and charts, and snide, but good-natured, comments, click here to register. Be sure to respond to the confirmation email which is sent instantly. If not in your inbox, check your spam filter.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of course, I don't follow anybody. So if it's not in my twigger feed, I wouldn't see it. 

Musk is gonna burn that and Tesla to the ground and take it all down with him. This is the pattern of malignant narcissism. 

3 hours ago, DrStool said:

Of course, I don't follow anybody. So if it's not in my twigger feed, I wouldn't see it. 

Musk is gonna burn that and Tesla to the ground and take it all down with him. This is the pattern of malignant narcissism. 

it was everywhere when gold broke 1700 to the downside. Iv seen many recommending short till 1300-1500.

Pretty bulish start of the year. Banks leading, also in Poland. Many are sayin that inflation peaked (especially goods) and we are approaching goldilocks period (disinflation) which is great for stocks.

Most dont look at labour market and inflation in sevice sector.

1 minute ago, SiP said:

it was everywhere when gold broke 1700 to the downside. Iv seen many recommending short till 1300-1500.

If it was "everywhere" I must be blind. 

I was concerned that it would go lower, but it stick saved itself. 

2 minutes ago, SiP said:

Pretty bulish start of the year. Banks leading, also in Poland. Many are sayin that inflation peaked (especially goods) and we are approaching goldilocks period (disinflation) which is great for stocks.

Most dont look at labour market and inflation in sevice sector.

Please stop with the "everybody" said, or "many" said.  Post the actual with link, if available. Non specific hearsay is useless. Copy and paste the snip of what you saw and who said it. Thanks. 

I Pronounced Inflation Dead on November 20

Actually, FWIW, a minor/abrupt down-move came - I think - right when the 5th vote against McCarthy was registered, thereby assuring another defeat. May have been something - someone's simple "Sell" order. Just making the observation.

I attach just first pic from my feed regarding peak inflation. plenty of them on twitter.  actually its v. hard to find the opposite.

it started to pop up in my feed in september-october. I even mentioned that based on healthcare cost (change in cpi as it was presented in one of the podcast).

by everybody I mean like twitter consensus. Im following bears, bulls etc.

20230104_211148.jpg

Archived