Yet Another Stick Save- 12/21/22

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has anyone here an ipad mini 6 and can confirm that the text size when you use Safari is smaller than with the ipad mini 4? I have the later one and plan to upgrade to the mini 6, but the internuts says here and there that the problem is that Apple changed the aspect ratio from 4:3 to something like 4,6:3 but did not adopt the software, so text size is even smaller than with the mini 4. I aleays liked the form factor of the mini, that‘s why I would not like to upgrade to the 11 inch ipad pro, although that‘s a great device.

1 minute ago, fxfox said:

Has anyone here an ipad mini 6 and can confirm that the text size when you use Safari is smaller than with the ipad mini 4? I have the later one and plan to upgrade to the mini 6, but the internuts says here and there that the problem is that Apple changed the aspect ratio from 4:3 to something like 4,6:3 but did not adopt the software, so text size is even smaller than with the mini 4. I aleays liked the form factor of the mini, that‘s why I would not like to upgrade to the 11 inch ipad pro, although that‘s a great device.

Can't change the font size? In Windoze you can. 

42 minutes ago, SiP said:

Some feedback from Poland (front country in terms of war and risk) - the PLN keeps getting stronger and USDPLN broke to the downside. WIG20 (bluechips stocks) almost reached upper band of sideway phase today.

stooq.PNG

That chart shows the "OCT" low (for now) as plain as day....UK/Truss

58 minutes ago, SiP said:

Some feedback from Poland (front country in terms of war and risk) - the PLN keeps getting stronger and USDPLN broke to the downside. WIG20 (bluechips stocks) almost reached upper band of sideway phase today.

stooq.PNG

As per FTSE Poland is not an Emerging Market anymore (since 2 years or so). So it is part of all those FTSE Developed ETF (like from Vanguard). So Polish stock index should trade like all the other industrialized countries and since there is a quasi peg with the Euro it should not trade to different compared to the other European indices.

As per MSCI Poland still is an Emerging Market. Weird.

There are ETFs for Poland like EPOL but you have to keep in mind that its not only about nominal index in PLN but also USDPLN

here is usdpln

- we bounced off the upper limit line of the uptrend channel
- the pierced down 4.50 suggests a big test of the middle of the uptrend channel and the previous peaks at 4.25-4.3. This is where the fight will take place.
- The lower limit of the channel is 3.8 for today and rising

usdpln.PNG

Poland is a screaming bargain compared to Western Europe, and the big city centers are fabulous. Outlying districts built during communist and early capitalist eras, not so much. 

I spent some time in the suburbs, in Radosc. Very, very nice area, comparable with older upscale American neighborhoods only 50% less for housing.  My 25 minute train ride was free due to my hideously old age.  

https://www.otodom.pl/pl/oferty/sprzedaz/dom/warszawa/radosc?market=ALL&ownerTypeSingleSelect=ALL&distanceRadius=0&locations=[districts_6-1337]&viewType=listing&lang=pl&searchingCriteria=sprzedaz&searchingCriteria=dom&searchingCriteria=cala-polska

Apartment rents in Warsaw are an even bigger bargain. I had a penthouse studio next to the Powisle train station at the edge of downtown, with a magnificent view for the equivalent of 650 USD, including water, electricity, and heat. High speed wifi with basic cable was $15/month. 

Archived