Shorts Are Their Own Worst Enema 12/13/22

Another day, another squeeze. Shorts are getting purged. 

It's ugly. 

The 5 day cycle projection on the ES, 24 hour S&P futures has risen to 4045. If this base breakout sticks, it has a measured move target of 4105. 

Multiple crossings of the 3900-4100 range has left it exceptionally thin, with fewer and fewer offers within the range. So we won't really know just how strong the market is until the top of the range, or at least the downtrend line at 4060, is challenged. 

I can't wait till 8:30 to see how they react to weaker than expected CPI. Whoa Nellie. 

ztfjs

For moron the markets, see:

If you're serious about the underlying forces of supply and demand that drive the markets, join me

If you are a new visitor to the Stool, please register and join in! To post your observations and charts, and snide, but good-natured, comments, click here to register. Be sure to respond to the confirmation email which is sent instantly. If not in your inbox, check your spam filter.

• DrStool changed the title to Shorts Are Their Own Worst Enema 12/13/22
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everybody knows that soon the Fed will be doing QE infinity, like Japan.  Which by the way finally has inflation after 40 years and BOJ is still buying.  I keep coming back to everyone wants QE infinity. Nobody is against it. The thing is it's a show me the money Jerry world. I think.

Archived