Will Today Be A Day of Market Infamy 12/7/22

This carnage may be all but exhausted for today, with a 5 day cycle projection pointing to only 3885-3900 on the ES, 24 hour S&P figuretures.  

zrlr9

Somehow, the unbiased auto TA got it right this week. Despite the fact that I had 8 shorts on my chart pick list this week, I still can't get over how much I was looking the other way.  I had essentially given up on the older shorts on the list, tightening the stops to just a hair above where they closed last Friday.

They never got hit. Fortunately, because I also added several new longs, and my practice is to give them a week to find a low before setting stops. That normally works out. Remains to be seen if it will this week, because the losses of the last two days would be brown pants syndrome worthy if they were standing alone. 

The other thing I note on the above chart is that the conventional measured move target of this little top breakdown is 3765. 

Meanwhile, the only way to sustain the bullish move in the bond market is for the stock market liquidation to continue. There's not enough cash in the system to support a bullish move in bonds unless stocks are being liquidated. In fact, looking at the 10 year yield chart, the short term downtrend in yields should be just about finished. 

zrlrh

And wow, just look at the past week's massive rally in BTC on the weekly bar chart as it heads for its ultimate target of 5000 below zero. 

zrlsz

For moron the markets, see:

If you're serious about the underlying forces of supply and demand that drive the markets, join me

If you are a new visitor to the Stool, please register and join in! To post your observations and charts, and snide, but good-natured, comments, click here to register. Be sure to respond to the confirmation email which is sent instantly. If not in your inbox, check your spam filter.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New to the market in the past 24 hours, and a good 5 hours north of the Bay Area stands a property above the snow line. It's substantial: 320 acres!

2 wells. 2 cabins (400' and mostly finished 1150'). Barn (1000') partially finished 2 story farmhouse (2300 sq ft). Seller was approved for energy and water storage grants. Currently has 23,000 sq ft cultivation permits with lease option of neighbors to increase by an additional 16,500 sq ft. (neighbors has its own well). Together both property's hold annual 10,000 SQ Ft mixed light tier one and 28000 outdoor (both annual licenses).

$699,000 will get it done.

Not many photos, so not much detail. Glamor shots in Photos #6 & 7.

https://www.redfin.com/CA/Willow-Creek/321-Acres-River-Access-RD-95573/home/183196502

54 minutes ago, Jimi said:

New to the market in the past 24 hours, and a good 5 hours north of the Bay Area stands a property above the snow line. It's substantial: 320 acres!

$699,000 will get it done.

Not many photos, so not much detail. Glamor shots in Photos #6 & 7.

https://www.redfin.com/CA/Willow-Creek/321-Acres-River-Access-RD-95573/home/183196502

where's the meth lab?

Archived