Poowell Inserts the Finger 12/1/22

He really gave it to the bears yesterday. I'm laughing because I had no idea this was coming, but I spent the morning updating my trading alerts. Multiple buys were triggered as soon as the text of his comments hit the tape. All my shorts got covered, and a bunch of longs got opened. So I ended up having a good day indeed. 

But beyond that, yesterday was horseshit. Everybody, even you guys who have taken the punishment of my harangues for the last 22 years are all hung up on interest rates, and the Fake Funds target rate. This is a sideshow, a red herring, only relevant to day trading addict punks like ourselves. Interest rates, real market interest rates, like freely traded T-bill yields, are merely a measure of monetary tightness. And monetary tightness is determined by SUPPLY of securities versus demand for those securities. And demand is determined by CAISH! Cold hard, electronic caissse in the trading accounts of dealers and banks and ordinary blokes like Bill Ackman and George Soros, and Teddy Bridgewater, and Tom Brady. Ordinary folks just like you and me. And who makes that CAISH? DA Fed, and it's Big Three cohorts in crime, Lord Poowell, Pristine LaGuardia, and Ben B Kuroda. 

And they ain't makin any more of it. But the US Treasury, and fellow governments around the world need more of it, and more and more all the time. So they keep issuing gazillions in debt paper that the market must absorb. And it must do it all the while that central banks are not giving buyers in the market the ability to pay. Under the circumstances, all rallies, driven by the springing of hope eternal, must fail, as will this one. Perhaps as soon as today. 

For now, I remain the long dong, with stopouts trailing this ride, but I'll be setting up my short trade alerts as soon as I finish the Gold Trader update over at LIquidity Trader - https://liquiditytrader.com/index.php/category/precious-metals/. Meanwhile, you degenerate trading junkies, enjoy the ride, but be ready to dismount. And put this in yer pipe and smoke it. 

Daily bars on the ES, 24 hour S&P fuguetures. 

tvc_103e3e2855f409ae2ebbc3473fc95dec.png

And the usual hourly bars.
tvc_def3656b40bf1a2762596ae6ddf4457c.png

For moron the markets, see:

If you're serious about the underlying forces of supply and demand that drive the markets, join me

If you are a new visitor to the Stool, please register and join in! To post your observations and charts, and snide, but good-natured, comments, click here to register. Be sure to respond to the confirmation email which is sent instantly. If not in your inbox, check your spam filter.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

THE CROWDING OUT EFFECT

Issuing an avalanche of Government debt while the Central bank does'nt print is called the crowding out effect.

Stocks get quite cheap during this process.

Like in the 70's.

It's heaven for value investors.

A large number of overleveraged corporates will need to be saved by someone.

Gold is making orderly progress toward a year end or Q1 2023 target of xxxx-xxxx on the daily chart. Charts of the miners look full of potential as they emerge from massive bases. I have added a few more miner picks to the swing trade list.

Subscribers, click here to download the report.

Non-subscribers, click here for access.

it's amazing how few people are informed that stalin crushed ukraine in the 30s. this is nothing new.

“Many survivors witnessed either cannibalism or, far more often, necrophagy, the consumption of corpses of people who had died of starvation,” she wrote.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/history/2022/03/12/holodomor-famine-ukraine-stalin/

12 minutes ago, BurntOnce said:

it's amazing how few people are informed that stalin crushed ukraine in the 30s. this is nothing new.

“Many survivors witnessed either cannibalism or, far more often, necrophagy, the consumption of corpses of people who had died of starvation,” she wrote.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/history/2022/03/12/holodomor-famine-ukraine-stalin/

Few people are also informed what Stalin did to Crimean Tatars:

In May 1944, the USSR State Defense Committee ordered the total deportation of all the Crimean Tatars from Crimea. The deportees were transported in cattle trains to Central Asia, primarily to Uzbekistan. During the deportation and in the first years of being in exile, 46% of Crimean Tatars died.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tatars#Crimean_Tatars

I wrote a paper in graduate school on Ukrainian Security, back long ago when I did such things. I remember reading Stalin wished to ship the entire Ukrainian population to Siberia for its collaboration with invading Nazis, if he'd only had the train logistics to accomplish the feat.

Hard history.

The death count of communism is just beyond comprehension, yet that bloody ideology never dies and attracts young people generation after generation.

Marx and Engels were lousy philosophers, their writings are kindergarten style.

Lenin and Stalin were one of the most evil man the world has ever seen. Stalin  was an outcome of the communist system, he was not just an „accident“. But thats what the ultra left says till today, that communism just was never done right by the right person. What the mean is:“so let‘s try it sgain!“ 

Archived