What Is It About 3965? 11/30/22

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, fxfox said:

Saying "I don't want to overtighten" is a marked change in tone from Jackson Hole and other speeches in Sept/Oct.

https://www.forexlive.com/centralbank/powell-qa-slowing-down-at-this-point-is-a-good-way-to-balance-risks-20221130/

looks like change also for me. this looks more and more like the bottom in september,october which is quite something since some bubble burst like crypto, nft, ark innovation etf etc but not real IB or ecosystem.

This is an exclamation point to a point I made in today's report. 

Bears Beware, Money Managers Are Finally Spending their RRP Slush Fund

But think about this. If the markets refuse to go down; if stocks and bonds continue to bounce around, then what incentive does the Fed have to ease policy? If the Fed was so prescient in seeing this inflation coming—not—then what makes the Street think that the Fed will be able to foresee a brewing financial calamity. Like the last time, the Fed saw nothing until it was too late. Like this inflation. The Fed saw nothing until it was too late. Non subscribers, click here to read this report.

49 minutes ago, SiP said:

looks like change also for me. this looks more and more like the bottom in september,october which is quite something since some bubble burst like crypto, nft, ark innovation etf etc but not real IB or ecosystem.

Banks are much better capitalized than in 2008. Many many regulartory constraints. No major bank will fail, pretty sure about that. The core of the financial world will be ok, some of the satellites maybe not.

1 minute ago, fxfox said:

Banks are much better capitalized than in 2008. Many many regulartory constraints. No major bank will fail, pretty sure about that. The core of the financial world will be ok, some of the satellites maybe not.

The banks are the walking dead. They have massive losses in their not marked to market bond portfolios which are the bulk of their assets. 

Absolutely frantic short covering here.  

Archived