Boston Moved, Philadelphia Moved, Brooklyn Moved, New York Moved 11/14/22

The Braves, the A's, the Dodgers, the Giants. And that was just baseball. They took the money and ran.   

14 hours ago, fxfox said:

Seems like the game in Munich was a success.

in Europe it is absolutely unimaginable that a club is moved to a other city, but well that‘s why it is not called a „club“ in the US, but „franchise“.

I think the very old franchises can‘t be moved, or else the fans would run amok. Guess if ever the owner of the Yankees would move them to LA or so, he would be shot dead the next day or hanged at Times Sqaure.

What about the Eagles? How would Philly react? I remember when the Minnesota North Stars were moved to Dallas the fans were very angry.

The longest running, continuously operating professional sports franchise in one city? Philadelphia Phillies. 

What does this have to do with today's stock market? 

Nothing. It's like the economy, or inflation, or earnings. The market is about whatever hot idea Wall Street is selling at the moment, and how much liquidity is available to sustain that story. The second factor is by far the more important. The fact is that the Fed is still tightening which means that liquidity continues to grow more scarce. Any rallies must eventually face that reality. How do we know when "eventually" is? 

Easy. When you come to a fork in the road, take it. 

A look at the 24 hour ES, S&P fugutures tells us that they haven't yet stuck a fork in this rally. 

For starters, they would need an hourly close below 3969. That doesn't look imminent. There's still a 5 day cycle projection of 4030 hanging out there. Then we'll see. 

First, a look at the 5 hour bars to show you just how significant this 4015-4030 area is. 

tvc_2ba9afc6392fdacfe0790e4fd2cf7423.png

And the usual hourly view shows the current sport levels. The magic 8 ball test says, Poised for breakout. 

tvc_6ef1a529be8e287fa754c4c9e1a83c30.png

Click the links below for moron the markets.  

If you're serious about the underlying forces of supply and demand that drive the markets, join me

If you are a new visitor to the Stool, please register and join in! To post your observations and charts, and snide, but good-natured, comments, click here to register. Be sure to respond to the confirmation email which is sent instantly. If not in your inbox, check your spam filter. 

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, potatohead said:

Lee,

Thought you may like this.

Unexplained tax revenue growth vexes budget scorekeepers 

https://rollcall.com/2022/06/01/unexplained-tax-revenue-growth-vexes-budget-scorekeepers/

I just observe and report the facts. Why this is happening is above my pay grade. Besides, nobody knows especially the fin media. Their job is to get us to buy subscriptions to them wasting our time.

We merely need to be chartists. Identify the trend, consider the implications, decide how to play it, and ride it until it gives clear signs of reversal. 

I note that this article is from a publication that no one outside the Beltway has heard of. And yet it's about a topic that is one of the 3 pillars of understanding liquidity, which is the most important thing you can do if you want to get the market right. The mainstream fin media, the Wall Street captured hand job maidens, never, ever report on the subject. They report the monthly deficit as a news item of little interest to anyone. It's trivial esoterica to them. 

The fact that they couldn't even make it to 4015 may be significant. 

Or it may not. 

Or it may.  

It could mean something. 

Or it might not. 

We'll just have to see. 

Then we'll see. 

But nobody could have seen it. 

Because nobody knows nothing. 

On that note, bonne nuit et bonne chance. Laissez les bon temps rouller. 

Last Thursday might have been the slinkiest move ever. I mean the massive moves across all asset classes in a matter of seconds on one perfectly ordinary 'number' was,  well stinky.  It didn't even help the Feds agenda. In fact it hurt it and some Fedhead was on the wire today saying one number isn't going to sway the Fed. Who didn't know that? 

16 minutes ago, Jorma said:

Last Thursday might have been the slinkiest move ever. I mean the massive moves across all asset classes in a matter of seconds on one perfectly ordinary 'number' was,  well stinky.  It didn't even help the Feds agenda. In fact it hurt it and some Fedhead was on the wire today saying one number isn't going to sway the Fed. Who didn't know that? 

Waller:

https://www.forexlive.com/centralbank/feds-waller-dismisses-us-cpi-report-as-just-one-data-point-markets-way-out-in-front-20221113/

but a few hours later Madamme Braindead:

https://www.forexlive.com/centralbank/feds-brainard-within-core-cpi-finally-starting-to-see-goods-inflation-turn-20221114/

Archived