I Can't Wait to See the Down 10/11/22

13 minutes ago, potatohead said:

US TREASURY SECRETARY YELLEN: THE DECREASE IN JOB OPENINGS TAKES SOME OF THE STING OUT OF THE JOB MARKET.

Has the phrase, be careful what you wish for, ever came to mind?

The pretext is set.  

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Only Pivot I'm seeing is the candle we left today in the SPX

After the candle(continuation) we left in this SPX this afternoon...we need follow-thru(to the downside) tomorrow. 

Frankly...this, for me...has been one of most boring declines I've ever been through.  It's like were sleepwalking into a 900-1000 point decline.  I'm having a hard time staying interested.  On my end...this decline has been exacerbated by dealing with multiple health issues.  "It ain't been no picnic".

When viewing my chart of the SPX, after 3600 is officially dead...I feel this decline will be ending just as outlined in the "A Fractal Within A Fractal" chart from August 20th.  As far as I'm concerned...a down day tomorrow will signal this intention. 

When I'm viewing my current numbers, I originally forecast 3250 as the maximum allowable move during any decline...essentially calling it a "1000 point decline", I think the majority of the strength of this decline is going to be spent AFTER 900 points is accomplished...the rest of any decline will be nothing more than spent energy.  Therefore...I'm raising my official forecast to 3350.  That doesn't mean you can't overrun(spike) by a few points.  

Although...they won't be able to hold it would be my call.

In closing...since this market's been shifty regarding its intention right here at 3600 in the past...perhaps I should mention...holding above equals a retest of 3900, going below...3350(with possible spike/overrun to somewhere close to 3250).

Same story from what?  A month ago?

Perhaps...I should heed my own advice and exercise more PATIENCE going forward?

Sounds about right...

TCG

oh...and...

Here is a copy of the "A Fractal within a Fractal" from August 20th.

1201426081_AFractalwithinaFractal-August202022.thumb.jpg.3950dfa73e5ac454896818ea08d4ed21.jpg

Archived