The Rally is Finished, Kaput, Sayonara, Say Goodbye, Here's Why - 9/36/22

3:48 PM ET Yestiddy. 

14 hours ago, DrStool said:

Should be the high. 

HowmIdoin? 

Well, let's start with a look at the 2 hour bars on the ES, S&P 500 24 hour futures. Is this rally normal for the bear market, or Abby Normal? 

This one actually doesn't look any better than the last one. If anything, it's a bit less fohrmeedahb, as my French friends would say. There are two other things I note. The short cycle oscillators covering MACD, True Strength, and Momo, are all at the level where they peaked on the last rally. And this rally is zackly 8 days from the momentum low. The last rally was also 8 days up from the momolow when it abruptly choked and vomited. 

z4u8q

So I'd say the odds are decent that my call yesterday afternoon will stand for this rally. 

Of course, we never know, but all we need is a slight gamblers edge to make consistent money over time. 

Meanwhile, here's our usual hourly look for you day trading degenerates. 

The uptrend is broken, but we need to see an hourly close below 3755 to be more certain of that. And below 3722 to get anything rolling on the downside. 

z4u9y

Meanwhile, back at the big picture:

If you're serious about the underlying forces of supply and demand that drive the markets, join me

If you are a new visitor to the Stool, please register and join in! To post your observations and charts, and snide, but good-natured, comments, click here to register. Be sure to respond to the confirmation email which is sent instantly. If not in your inbox, check your spam filter. 

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning...

I really started feeling better yesterday...and it's continuing today. 

I read Doc's opener...

For me...I think if they can pierce 3720...it is possible they could get something going to the downside.  I don't know...

What I do know is.  If they do pierce the 3720 level they're going to trigger off the gap fill...and THAT would make me cautious.  It is the sole reason I posted the updated chart yesterday afternoon.

One thing about breakaway gaps...they don't fill.  A retest is fine...but if they fill...you've got a problem.

Not to mention...if you've noticed.  These shorter terms bursts(September 6th through the 12th  as an example.) net 200-220 points before the momentum begins to wane.   I count 4 episodes of this behavior since the mid June low.

While I'm not ready to walkaway from what I'd like see and I'm sure you're tired of hearing me say it...3900.  I'm still quite cautious here...I'm watching several other developments that could turn into something.  

I'll pipe up if I feel it's necessary...

Best,

TCG

oh...and...

I'll just park this here.

744856721_WherestheFifthWave-October62022.thumb.jpg.4137a0b8aeb0558a304c7717bde2404d.jpg

I've been viewing what's transpired over the last 24 hours as nothing more than a rest period in a high level consolidation...and then you have anywhere from an 80 to 120 point burst coming out the other side.  If we head back into the gap...see my post above. 

Using the live chart from this page as an example...against NFLX.  Just think inverse...

768262971_NFLX...yep-October62022.png.d8dbb2d8974ca535976fdc976fc11f31.png

Best,

TCG

Well.  Hopefully tomorrow will tell us what we need to know.

Until then,

TCG

oh...and...

It's about 9 hours from the close.  I've gone ahead and reversed this chart on the horizontal axis and removed some of the noise.  That way...you don't have to guess as much as to what the 'inverse' of a chart is supposed to look like. 

I believe this should make it clear... 

The implication is...well,  we're in the process of finding out.  One way...or another.

415197546_NFLX...yep3-October62022.jpg.db8b4aaa29479daa72ebfda5b5a49f86.jpg

Archived