How Old Is Old? 10/3/22

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Silver is looking quite strong...

SLV, watching 20.50.

GLD, 160...if it breeches 160(AND holds it.)...while I consider that to be unlikely, you can't rule  out a retest of the KEY at 170 if that is the case.

^HUI 225...perhaps the KEY at 235.  Again...doesn't seem likely.

Do I think the low is in? 

No.

TCG

Today, we are back in Willits, which loves itself some pot farms!!

Great description with my emphasis in underling:

"Beautiful 33.4 Acres which is 20 min from town and has 1/4 mile of dirt rd to auto gate. Includes 1 bed 1 bath house w/legal septic, well water with 20,000 gl of storage, Brooktrails water with filtration system, PG&E on prop at house, shop and greenhouses. There is a permitted 1,000 square foot shop with 220 amp power. Building is split in half to utilize work flow. There are 4 greenhouses totaling 4400 square feet with blackout covers, exhaust fans and power and 2 sets of Golden Arms. There is outdoor garden area with 55 pots at 300 gallon each. There is a storage container, garden tool shed, RV septic and power connection, views to the southwest with plenty of sun, all turnkey and ready to go inside and out."

https://www.redfin.com/CA/Willits/27600-Blue-Lake-Rd-95490/home/179700601

Photos 1-5 reveal... nothing.

6 & 7... greenhouses. Suggestive....

Photo #8 shows some relatively heavy-duty domestic electrical infrastructure. I mean... why would one need a wall of Nanolux hardware? I mean, "What is Nanolux hardware...?"

PROFESSIONAL GROW LIGHTS

https://nanoluxtech.com

Oh... that's presumably the 220 amp and split work-flow deal. 

Moving on, 4 greenhouses with blackout covers and 2 sets of Golden Arms?

"'Golden Arms'? What's that about?"

Well, you can control indoor light/dark cycles with your Nanolux lighting system, and thereby "trick" pot plants year-round that it is "spring" or "fall" - and thereby squeeze out more than one harvest cycle than the uncooperative sun provides. I assume that a Golden Arm with blackout covers allows you to play the same trick with an outdoor greenhouse. Tutorial video below.

Last photo shows the now-familiar Stonedhenge "outdoor garden area with 55 pots at 300 gallon each." 

Wow: this place looks set up for meaningful & varied production.

"Turnkey." 

As I mentioned in my first post of the day...The implication outlined in this chart does not receive the CoinGuy's "Stamp of Approval"...yet...but as long as the real "line in the sand" holds.  I'm not foolish enough to try to discount it either...

1166510481_Multiply2008ByThree-October32022.thumb.jpg.0e16a1c3c0555019bd71ea0e8c0a1479.jpg

Now.  With that said...

I'm not the fence sitting type...or the waiting to see which way the wind blows type either.

Right or wrong...I prefer the direct approach and where I come from....we don't beat around the bush about it either.

So...In case I haven't made myself clear with all of this speculating...

I'd like to see 3600 hold.

Why?  In my own work...I'm prepared to give better analysis going forward if that is the case.  Because...it IS what I prepared for.

If It turns out to be wrong...I can still wing it well enough to make most of the pros look foolish.

Smile.

Hopefully.

The CoinGuy

1 hour ago, The CoinGuy said:

fxfox...

Picking over somebody else's carcass(aka: leftovers)...well, it just doesn't seem to be too appealing.  Doesn't mean I wouldn't do it if I saw a few bucks just lying around...but...I'd prefer my own kill.

Best,

TCG

oh...and...

On the entry point you mentioned.  I was more or less thinking 'doom puts' at that time.  As I mentioned in March...just before the election is when my time would expire(think about that?).   Anymore...I don't buy single issues all that often, but I do make exceptions(and I have this year).  Why dont' I?  Well, because I don't need to.  Single issues = higher 'event' risk.

With that said...if we hold 3600...re-entry is where?

I agree on your single issues thesis. In the long run - if we let „luck“ aside - you make money on single issues only with insider info, which could also mean that you have in depth knowledge of an industry. If you are only a private investor who has his chart setup and trades single names in and out you would do better if you only stick to the SPX, NDX, Rusty and trade the index: Less stress, reduced event risk. Position size should then be greater than with individual stocks of course.

Regarding your question about re-entry:

if 3600 holds, that would be at 3750 or 3900 (1300-1200)x3=300; 3600+300=3900

Jimi...

When I watched your video on the Canopy hoist, it reminded of a gentlemen from Alliance, NE.  Here...the ground pounders are going 'into' the ground with more and more frequency.

Nebraska Stories | Greenhouse in the Snow

Best,

TCG

oh...and...

fxfox...I agree...and frankly any other method...well, you have to start taking time into consideration.  Is it...worth the time?  I don't think so.  Unless...as you mentioned, you're an insider, but there are risks with that as well.  For myself...I think I just prefer to be an outsider - in all respects.

To that...I would only add.  Those odds(and percentages, which are huge!) get even better if you learn the lesson from Jesse Livermore instead of having to learn it for yourself.  It's the large trends...where the most money is made(at the least cost to your health).

I've always mentioned I retired in '95 at 27.  Before...the ramp.  Coming out of the recession in '91 I hit each turn with exacting precision.  then I got long the Nasdaq and walked away at 4k(please remember...I don't do bubbles, I've explained why.).

To this day....the 12 to 18 month timeframe...I usually like to keep as a minimum.  Not to mention...even if I see plenty more on the table...I always leave 10-20% for everyone else. 

As you know...I like to repeat.  So, I'll say it again...always target the big chunk in the middle.  There never is any need to rush...or be the first one there. 

The braggart types who talk that nonsense end up blowing up their accounts.  At least that is my experience.  Being a johnny come lately...is a bonus from my viewpoint.  Technically speaking.  I personally like to see the first wave complete and the second wave retracement on light volume...as that starts to get long in the tooth....that's where I 'prefer' to take my shot.

I'm going to expand a bit here.  In the mood to type I suppose....

Speaking of blowing up accounts...Your day isn't over if/when that happens to you...it's just beginning.  I personally think THAT is what opens the door to becoming an excellent trader.   The only students that listened...were those who had broken an account or two.   The rest...arrogance grew...until they faded away.  Some wealthy.  a few...very wealthy.  Some ended up as dishwashers, cooks...used car salesman.  The only difference.  One gave up at the break...one picked themselves up by the bootstraps...and trodded on.  They didn't give up.

I don't care how bleak it looks.  One thing about the market.  There's another train coming along...whoops, you just missed it.  No worries...there'll be another in a few...whoops...you just missed another one.

You get the idea...

A timely word(or chart) can turn the story around in the blink of an eye.

Never give up is the moral of the story.  Don't be afraid to speak up if you blow something up either.  Most guys...well, from viewing posts for the better part of...hell, I don't know how many years.  I've been around the internet since the beginning.  At any rate.  I don't see many posters who confess losses. 

What I don't think they realize...if they had any interest in helping someone else...it would be right there at the moment of failure where they could pass along pearls(of wisdom) to everyone around them.

By helping others...you help yourself.

1 hour ago, Jimi said:

Today, we are back in Willits, which loves itself some pot farms!!

Great description with my emphasis in underling:

"Beautiful 33.4 Acres which is 20 min from town and has 1/4 mile of dirt rd to auto gate. Includes 1 bed 1 bath house w/legal septic, well water with 20,000 gl of storage, Brooktrails water with filtration system, PG&E on prop at house, shop and greenhouses. There is a permitted 1,000 square foot shop with 220 amp power. Building is split in half to utilize work flow. There are 4 greenhouses totaling 4400 square feet with blackout covers, exhaust fans and power and 2 sets of Golden Arms. There is outdoor garden area with 55 pots at 300 gallon each. There is a storage container, garden tool shed, RV septic and power connection, views to the southwest with plenty of sun, all turnkey and ready to go inside and out."

https://www.redfin.com/CA/Willits/27600-Blue-Lake-Rd-95490/home/179700601

Photos 1-5 reveal... nothing.

6 & 7... greenhouses. Suggestive....

Photo #8 shows some relatively heavy-duty domestic electrical infrastructure. I mean... why would one need a wall of Nanolux hardware? I mean, "What is Nanolux hardware...?"

PROFESSIONAL GROW LIGHTS

https://nanoluxtech.com

Oh... that's presumably the 220 amp and split work-flow deal. 

Moving on, 4 greenhouses with blackout covers and 2 sets of Golden Arms?

"'Golden Arms'? What's that about?"

Well, you can control indoor light/dark cycles with your Nanolux lighting system, and thereby "trick" pot plants year-round that it is "spring" or "fall" - and thereby squeeze out more than one harvest cycle than the uncooperative sun provides. I assume that a Golden Arm with blackout covers allows you to play the same trick with an outdoor greenhouse. Tutorial video below.

Last photo shows the now-familiar Stonedhenge "outdoor garden area with 55 pots at 300 gallon each." 

Wow: this place looks set up for meaningful & varied production.

"Turnkey." 

Are you sure these listings are not owned by the Mob. And these places are where the bodies are buried?

Archived