To Uptrend, or Not to Uptrend, That is the Querstion 9/8/22

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, sandy beach said:

I may be totally wrong but it seems to me in most recent major bear markets in the S&P500 you don't see a sustained increase in price until the Fed is well into cutting rates. We aren't there yet.

I think I saw just this point made on the Twitter yesterday with a chart - I'll see if I can find it.

1 hour ago, sandy beach said:

I may be totally wrong but it seems to me in most recent major bear markets in the S&P500 you don't see a sustained increase in price until the Fed is well into cutting rates. We aren't there yet.

Rule Number One 

Can't find the chart, but I think it compared the Fed Funds Rate to the S&P to show that the bottom of the latter followed by some number of months only after the last hike... and so those who are trying to buy "The Bottom" here while we are still foreseeing rate hikes are ignoring History... and disobeying Rule #1.

In the 1960s, my parents were in London when the Queen's entourage passed by chance. She waved to the crowd from her car or carriage - I can't remember the details. My mom enjoyed that memory... it clearly thrilled her in a way unfamiliar to me in our celebrity-saturated age.

That's my story for the day.

The Queen has died today, September 8, 2022.  That is one year minus a day from ?

My call is that Will's ends up holding the reins(of power).  Maybe not today...but sooner than most would speculate.

Again.  I'll say...Happy 40th Will's.

900415414_Wills1991.thumb.jpg.c61256ffb2cfb5962e2f31fc960570a9.jpg

It's not Russia or Taiwan my mind has been on...It's Balmoral.

Best,

TCG

oh...and...

After reading the forum this morning...I feel like going long the Q's.  With leverage.  Closet bulls...ugh.  I don't have the time for this...I'll be back after 3750 is cracked.

1 minute ago, Jimi said:

In the 1960s, my parents were in London when the Queen's entourage passed by chance. She waved to the crowd from her car or carriage - I can't remember the details. My mom enjoyed that memory... it clearly thrilled her in a way unfamiliar to me in our celebrity-saturated age.

That's my story for the day.

As an old American I'm not impressed by royalty, while most American are gaga over them. Even those feckless $audis., the biggest mistake of the last 50 years.

Forget I ever claimed to be the king of Sweden

Archived