Is it Possible That the Rally... 8/15/22

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This market is completely effed up.

Oil goes down and ICLN (Clean Energy) goes up. Makes no sense. Means the market is currently AWASH with liquudity, from wherever that may come. The data from China last night, an absolute catastrophe, yet China stock market goes up and Nikkei too. Makes no sense.

14 minutes ago, DrStool said:

This reminds me a lot of the 1929-30 rally. 

Me not. We didn‘t fall 50%. The drop in 29 was much severe (in Dow, didn’t look at SPX) But yeah the rally in 30 stalled at the 50 fibo and made a false break of the EMA 10 monthly. That scenerio could play out too this time.

So is/was this the long-awaited rally that fools everyone, and not the previous rally? 

I would be surprised or more accurately shocked if this thing makes it past Labor Day, but when you are awash in green week after week it ain't easy. I am still thinking last week in August or first week in September to reverse course, but I mostly trade off a 4 minute chart, except for the YM long I have held since July. So even next week is eons away. I'm just trying to pick up pennies in front of a steamroller most days anyway.

In the old days, I could guess if a top was nigh by all of the infighting on the Stool. Now, maybe it's if everyone agrees that is more indicative. 🙂

3 minutes ago, fxfox said:

Me not. We didn‘t fall 50%. The drop in 29 was much severe (in Dow, didn’t look at SPX) But yeah the rally in 30 stalled at the 50 fibo and made a false break of the EMA 10 monthly. That scenerio could play out too this time.

I would need to go back and look, but I thought Dow "only" got cut in about 1/2 in 1929? We didn't bottom until 1932, if memory serves about a 90% drop. There were rallies along the way. I think W.D. Gann called the ultimate 1932 low within a day or two, but maybe that is more Gann lore.  

21 minutes ago, PullMyFinger said:

I would need to go back and look, but I thought Dow "only" got cut in about 1/2 in 1929? We didn't bottom until 1932, if memory serves about a 90% drop. There were rallies along the way. I think W.D. Gann called the ultimate 1932 low within a day or two, but maybe that is more Gann lore.  

Dow did fall 50% in 29, them retraced to 50 fibo snd after that down the crapper to 1932 low.

4 hours ago, fxfox said:

This market is completely effed up.

Oil goes down and ICLN (Clean Energy) goes up. Makes no sense. Means the market is currently AWASH with liquudity, from wherever that may come. The data from China last night, an absolute catastrophe, yet China stock market goes up and Nikkei too. Makes no sense.

The FC Barcelona Transfer "Market" Effect......

‘The only team in the world with no money who can buy every player’:

So how is broke Barcelona doing it?

https://www.yahoo.com/video/only-team-world-no-money-131807969.html

Archived