Pathetic Rally From Picture Perfect Bottom 5/20/22

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PH,

First of all...

Thanks for the compliment...I'm appreciative.

Second. 

It might be a little hard to understand where I'm coming from because I use no fundamentals(or indicators) in price discovery.  While, I don't disagree with you in the 1998-2022 period(with some discretion towards a 1:1 ratio)...it's just a parameter I don't use in my analysis of prices going forward. 

Is there a direct correlation?  I'd need more data before I agreed to this statement because I can remember in the early years when silver was trading below production costs.  If I recall...2001 would be an example.

I personally put this type of analysis in the Silver:Gold ratio category.  Interesting fact, nice to know, but I don't know if it's ever going to help you make Coin.

From my perspective PH...the less facts I know....the more Coin I make.

This has been true for 5 decades, but the last 3...more so.

I'd imagine an interview with me...we'd be twiddling thumbs after 10 minutes.

Straight technician...no fundamentals need apply.

I was taught quite well...to be a machine, not much more.

Smile.

Best,

TCG

Doc...you always seem a little grumpy to me.

Smile.

3 minutes ago, The CoinGuy said:

PH,

First of all...

Second. 

It might be a little hard to understand where I'm coming from because I use no fundamentals(or indicators) in price discovery.  While, I don't disagree with you in the 1998-2022 period(with some discretion towards a 1:1 ratio)...it's just a parameter I don't use in my analysis of prices going forward. 

Is there a direct correlation?  I'd need more data before I agreed to this statement because I can remember in the early years when silver was trading below production costs.  If I recall...2001 would be an example.

I personally put this type of analysis in the Silver:Gold ratio category.  Interesting fact, nice to know, but I don't know if it's ever going to help you make Coin.

Smile.

Best,

TCG

Smile.

very fair assessment,  I  always appreciate every angle.  Your recent call has been great.

8 minutes ago, The CoinGuy said:

PH,

First of all...

Second. 

Smile.

Best,

TCG

Smile.

Grumpiness is a sign of sanity.  I always say. 

Ciao! 

PH...

I'm not sure which call that was.

Always...looking forward.  Never looking back.

I spoke to Doc when I returned to CapitalStool... 

I'm dealing with several health issues and might be in and out for the next few months, back and forth for awhile, not to mention...I expect gold and silver to be slow for a little while longer.

When they do pick up...I'll be moving over to Stool's Gold,  I'll have a prior student or two join me...I believe both are/were posters from the previous era. 2002-2010.

Please make sure to join us...

Best,

TCG

oh...and...

I said I'd drop in when I consider the timing to be "in a timely manner".

Today...is a timely manner.

I've been doing my best to be subtle, but I think I may be too subtle at times.

2 hours ago, The CoinGuy said:

PH...

I'm not sure which call that was.

Always...looking forward.  Never looking back.

I spoke to Doc when I returned to CapitalStool... 

I'm dealing with several health issues and might be in and out for the next few months, back and forth for awhile, not to mention...I expect gold and silver to be slow for a little while longer.

When they do pick up...I'll be moving over to Stool's Gold,  I'll have a prior student or two join me...I believe both are/were posters from the previous era. 2002-2010.

Please make sure to join us...

Best,

TCG

oh...and...

I said I'd drop in when I consider the timing to be "in a timely manner".

Today...is a timely manner.

I've been doing my best to be subtle, but I think I may be too subtle at times.

excellent.  Look forward to following you.  Been around since 2005  I think. A lot of great people have come and gone on this site.

11 hours ago, potatohead said:

excellent.  Look forward to following you.  Been around since 2005  I think. A lot of great people have come and gone on this site.

2006, according to your profile, but it feels like you've been here since the beginning. Perhaps a prior incarnation? 😊 

In my day to day life, I'm pretty cheerful. I have a lot to be thankful for.  I'm happy for the simple, little things I get to enjoy every day. And I'm truly happy for the unusual lifestyle I've been privileged to enjoy. I've gone from having two nice homes in North America, to no fixed home while I wandered and explored all over Europe. Then to finally living in the place that I've dreamed of and worked toward for the past 4 years, the South of France. It's been a hell of a journey. And I look forward to at least a few more years. 😊

I have a job that I love, and that gives me intellectual fulfillment. I get to interact with some really interesting, good people through it, and it pays the bills. 😉 

But when I think about the state of the world, I'm grumpy, and mostly pessimistic. Doesn't appear to me that the arc of history is currently bending toward justice. It's bending toward fascism and the rule of lies, not law. 

It seems to me that history is more of a cycle than an arc, and it's been bending away from justice for many years. And it's accelerating. Are we near the nadir? I don't know. I just hope I live to see the pendulum start to swing the other way. That would put me in a better mood, and make the little day to day things even more enjoyable. 

6 hours ago, DrStool said:

2006, according to your profile, but it feels like you've been here since the beginning. Perhaps a prior incarnation? 😊 

Was going by pure memory....not to shabby. Miss a lot of great participants that have blessed your room over the years.

6 hours ago, DrStool said:

In my day to day life, I'm pretty cheerful. I have a lot to be thankful for.  I'm happy for the simple, little things I get to enjoy every day. And I'm truly happy for the unusual lifestyle I've been privileged to enjoy. I've gone from having two nice homes in North America, to no fixed home while I wandered and explored all over Europe. Then to finally living in the place that I've dreamed of and worked toward for the past 4 years, the South of France. It's been a hell of a journey. And I look forward to at least a few more years. 😊

I have a job that I love, and that gives me intellectual fulfillment. I get to interact with some really interesting, good people through it, and it pays the bills. 😉 

But when I think about the state of the world, I'm grumpy, and mostly pessimistic. Doesn't appear to me that the arc of history is currently bending toward justice. It's bending toward fascism and the rule of lies, not law. 

It seems to me that history is more of a cycle than an arc, and it's been bending away from justice for many years. And it's accelerating. Are we near the nadir? I don't know. I just hope I live to see the pendulum start to swing the other way. That would put me in a better mood, and make the little day to day things even more enjoyable. 

agree with your assessment. I  want the younger generations to have a prosperous life with opportunity abound. However the cycle of greed and overuse of debt will circle around and become a ball and chain for many. The precious metals simply represent freedom of counterparty and systemic risk. My fear is that the walls are closing in and paper assets will not provide much hedge in this coming bear market.  I  am grateful to read this board everyday. It brings a sense of sanity to this financial mess we are witnessing.

1 hour ago, potatohead said:

agree with your assessment. I  want the younger generations to have a prosperous life with opportunity abound. However the cycle of greed and overuse of debt will circle around and become a ball and chain for many. The precious metals simply represent freedom of counterparty and systemic risk. My fear is that the walls are closing in and paper assets will not provide much hedge in this coming bear market.  I  am grateful to read this board everyday. It brings a sense of sanity to this financial mess we are witnessing.

I only disagree with the word "coming." Because it's already here! 😊

1 hour ago, DrStool said:

I only disagree with the word "coming." Because it's already here! 😊

You are right.  One reason why I am drawn to this board and your analysis. This is history in the making and one can take your documented work of how this transpired/progressed and  one day, put it in the Smithsonian for all to read. Just hope the Smithsonian is still around for future generations.

Archived