Premarket Trend Break 5/18/22

This morning I went to the Office for Foreigners here in Nice and had my fourth vaccination, courtesy of the gouvernament. I would like to thank the French people for their generosity. Of course I will be contributing to the tax system also, as of this year. Through the nose, I hear. But it is worth every penny. What a country! I love it. 

Check out the photos from my neighborhood. All within a 30 minute train or bus ride, or walk, except for Toulon and Hyeres, which are a little road trip from here. 

Meanwhile, back at the market, we have a little trend break here this morning as of 8 AM in New York, as the premarket trading opens. There's been zero follow through on that big beautiful 5 day base breakout. However, before you bears get too hopeful, if they hold above 4035, no harm, no foul. The uptrend would then likely reassert itself. Below that, bears ball. 

image.png

For the big picture:

If you're serious about the underlying forces of supply and demand that drive the markets, join me

If you are a new visitor to the Stool, please register and join in! To post your observations and charts, and snide, but good-natured, comments, click here to register. Be sure to respond to the confirmation email which is sent instantly. If not in your inbox, check your spam filter. 

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

5 day cycle projection 3935. 

2 hour bars for perspective. 

tvc_6a9ce0a66174f1d7f6ee5450106d8779.png

Technical Trader - Longer Term Big Picture

Lee Adler’s proprietary cycle analysis with market trend and position ideas for investors and weekly individual stock swing trade ideas for traders. Click here to subscribe. 90 day risk free trial!

This is a spectacular failure of a bottom that broke out. This could be the crash we've been waiting for.

tvc_c96713c8fd83062132955092978af372.png 

Lee Adler’s proprietary cycle analysis with market trend and position ideas for investors and weekly individual stock swing trade ideas for traders. Click here to subscribe. 90 day risk free trial!

More perspective. 5 hour bars. Yesterday was a classic return to the scene of the crime rally. This is classic bear market behavior.  We've had lower lows for 5 months and the mainstream fin media pundits still won't call it a bear market. 

tvc_c718bf08b31314585739dea30ed1ee98.png

Heh!

Equity bulls!

Either corporations eat their cost increases and suffer margin compression; or they successfully pass those cost increases on to consumers, who then have fewer available dollars to spend on the next corporation.

Either way, it doesn't play out well for you in any aggregate.

Ergo, your indices will suffer.

Archived