Howzat Liquidity Rally Going 4/27/22

There's always a rally somewhere. Can you see it?

I call this The Liquidity Trade. It's 3 1/2 points off the low of 8 days ago. 

Not much. Not good.  

tvc_bc661c66740e25f2ca750557dd63ebd2.png

The TLT of course is a proxy for the bond market. It's the 20 year Treasury bond ETF. If you are still holding bonds, what can I say but, "Oh the humanity." But I warned you. I've been screaming to GTFO since August 2020. 

tvc_c3147823240c328b78cd502d5445c2dc.png

But there's still a lot more cash coming into the market from T-bill paydowns in May, and that's short term bullish for the 10 year. I think it will drop below 2.65 and that will trigger a lot of short covering in the futures. So the 10 year could target 2.50. Another gift rally for the longs to take as an exit. But they won't. 

tvc_7db5ffa1fb0ce3fd194b8a06f72ed922.png

Tons of Cash, Not In Use, Signals this Huge Change in the Market

While also expecting a short term rally in stocks has been the wrong conclusion to reach on that, at least my technical output, which is more mechanical and less discretionary, has been more on the money

As for today, it's Dead Cat Bounce Day. The ES 24 hour S&P futures are off the low of yesterday's sheeting of the bed. But they hit resistance at 4220 in the 4-5 AM hour in New York. Now the bulls must show up, or that will be the zenith for the day.

Looks to me as if they really need to clear 4235 to get anything significant going on the upside. Failing that, I'd look for this to go back and make a double bottom, where they'll try again. And eventually fail. 

tvc_0cfd1a6abed58dd355e5d69fbcb4c589.png

And oh gold. Ugly. Will gold bugs get slaughtered again? My thoughts on that

tvc_f8d11906d0ba86cb755c2cb3e9dd7ca1.png

Meanwhile, BTC is out on a ledge. If it starts to curl upward before breaking 37,000, bullish. But if that breaks, I say it's over. Say Kaddish for Crypto.  

tvc_dfda474f6b6d3e7512dd4814da852f4a.png

Meanwhile for my fellow American expats living in Europe, while earning our incomes in doolahs, this is going well for us, not so well for Euro peeins. The euro is now targeting $1.05 in the short run and about $1.03 a little further out. 

tvc_b7ef50551f4e643cf662d41e6d9ee8c9.png

The euro has broken a 15 year trendline. If it doesn't hold $1.03, it will reach parity with the dollar. 

tvc_38e91ab484312787c1b1df855b212690.png

As long as the Fed is tight as a drum, taking dollars out of the world financial system, and the ECB isn't, or is less so, this will continue.  

And for the big picture:

If you're serious about the underlying forces of supply and demand that drive the markets, join me

If you are a new visitor to the Stool, please register and join in! To post your observations and charts, and snide, but good-natured, comments, click here to register. Be sure to respond to the confirmation email which is sent instantly. If not in your inbox, check your spam filter. 

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Every imported product is getting cheaper in the US and all products priced in doodahs are getting more expensive everywhere in the world. Including Philadelphia cream cheese. 

OK, not really. 

This market is chaos. Looks like Monday. These spike rallies are short covering. Once they're exhausted there's even less potential demand ahead, and the relentless sliding resumes. 

No argument from me on that position...

A few more comparison charts.  I posted these because we were discussing the key 4200 level at the swing point on the S&P.  I wanted to show other issues on both sides of their respective swings.

I've moved back over to the DJI.  I'm working on a few charts to this effect.

I'm also working on another chart that is in a MAJOR Bubble.

Hint?

It's yellow(kind of) and you don't make cakes out of it.

BEAR's repeating...

If you don't short..."For a Time", Cash.  Is.  A. Solid. Position. 

Later on?  Not so much...

I'm beginning to believe people still don't see what is going on here right before their eyes.  They're not waking up to it yet...

This is a smackdown already in progress and the March 23, 2020 lows are the magnet for most issues.  The liquidity gods giveth...and taketh away.

Again...the formations are complete.  The only thing left is...the downside.

Best,

TCG

15 minutes ago, The CoinGuy said:

No argument from me on that position...

A few more comparison charts.  I posted these because we were discussing the key 4200 level at the swing point on the S&P.  I wanted to show other issues on both sides of their respective swings.

748877898_IXICComparisonChart1a-April262022.thumb.jpg.7b45d6f37a686e0987988b187d31d87f.jpg

1102668167_IXICComparisonChart1b-April262022.thumb.jpg.f8164fbfdd718165bacb127e7b9a5756.jpg

I've moved back over to the DJI.  I'm working on a few charts to this effect.

I'm also working on another chart that is in a MAJOR Bubble.

Hint?

It's yellow(kind of) and you don't make cakes out of it.

BEAR's repeating...

If you don't short..."For a Time", Cash.  Is.  A. Solid. Position. 

Later on?  Not so much...

I'm beginning to believe people still don't see what is going on here right before their eyes.  They're not waking up to it yet...

This is a smackdown already in progress and the March 23, 2020 lows are the magnet for most issues.  The liquidity gods giveth...and taketh away.

Again...the formations are complete.  The only thing left is...the downside.

Best,

TCG

Regarding Uranium and Sprott.  Sprott tried the same thing in the mid 2000's with Sprott Molybdenum Participation Corporation .  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sprott_Molybdenum_Participation_Corporation

Ran  that commodity up like uranium,  then when investors tried to get out it sunk like the titanic losing bigtime.

ph...

My comment was in reference to gold, but I remember the issue.  I expect more of this to crop up next go around. I'm actually looking forward to seeing what they come up with next.  These guys are always quite creative when it comes to separating people from their capital.  Never ceases to amaze me.

The first time I heard the line, "What is a mine?".

It's a whole with a liar on top.  I couldn't help but smile...somebody nailed it in one sentence better than I could in 1000.

Towards the end of the run I had to come up with a term for 1/2 the miners I was being asked to take a look at.

I called it..the Junk Pile.

"Oh, so you're playing in the junk pile again."

Can't count how many times I had to type out those words.

Best,

TCG

oh...and...

As mentioned already, I sold my yellowcake, platinum and copper issues and kept the free shares.  Currently hedging them with SH purchased at 14.23 or was it 14.32...can't remember.  Who cares.  14 something.  Won't revisit commenting on SH until it's popped through 15.25 and held it through a retest. 

Then...we can discuss the upside. 

Archived