Remember When September 7 Was Pearl Harbor Day? 9/8/21

I didn't think so. But after yesterday's selloff in stocks, I thought about George Bush One's famous gaffe, in his September 7, 1941 Pearl Harbor speech.  

I don't think yesterday was Pearl Harbor with the bears finally sneaking up on the bulls, but, as always, we'll see.  Besides, the bears are the good guys. We would never mount a sneak attack from across the Pacific.

We'd do it in Tokyo, and then attack Frankfurt and The CIty of London, before heading to Wall Street. And we'd do it out in the open.

Today we're off to an interesting start. But they've already reached sport at 4500, and 4496, with more at 4490. The 5 day cycle projection is 4490-95. Hourly cycle oscillators are kind of iffy. If 4490 doesn't hold, then it gets interesting, with a possible target of rock solid sport at 4465. 

tvc_d54c90bac89930a9a7c565ddfd9c928a.png

And for your longer term listening and dining pleasure:

Lots of Sell Signals But New Picks From Friday’s Swing Trade Screen

Take the Threat of this Triple Whammy Seriously Now

Here’s Why “Sell Rosh Hashanah, Buy Yom Kippur” Won’t Work This Year

Here’s What Happens When Gold’s Cycles Are at Cross Purposes

QE Still = 100% of Treasury Issuance, But Coming Change = Crash

If you are a new visitor to the Stool, please register and join in! To post your observations and charts, and snide, but good-natured, comments, click here to register. Be sure to respond to the confirmation email which is sent instantly. If not in your inbox, check your spam filter.  

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still nothing is broken but it will be broken during the scam week. 

Drop will determine which type of bear market is in store. 

Will it be like 1929 or Y2K total time will be around 33/34 Months. 

Don't fool your self that world is going to end like 2003 or 2009

Meanwhile, here's a chart that I cover regularly as part of the big picture liquidity analysis at Liquidity Trader.

It's the 10 year Treasury yield. Bullish, or bearish? Well, it depends on your perspective. Then again, it depends on your perspective. 

tvc_fbbc68c82e52a5b4cfcafa58bcc8845e.png

Get the big picture here. Read it for 90 days, risk free. 

What's the Covid situation in Poland Lee? They have had almost the exact same mortality rate as the US and their majority party is rightest with a large Trumpy fascist faction. Well I suppose it's easy to tune out local politics but the Covid situation is important. Even if the chance of getting really sick for the vaccinated is low it isn't zero.  Is mask use common or is opposition to masks and vaccination a pretty big deal there?

10 minutes ago, Jorma said:

What's the Covid situation in Poland Lee? They have had almost the exact same mortality rate as the US and their majority party is rightest with a large Trumpy fascist faction. Well I suppose it's easy to tune out local politics but the Covid situation is important. Even if the chance of getting really sick for the vaccinated is low it isn't zero.  Is mask use common or is opposition to masks and vaccination a pretty big deal there?

Infection rate has tripled in the past 10 days. It was 533 today in a country with 39 million population. Very little testing, so that's likely an undercount. Low vaccination rate. Less than 50%. Very little mask compliance on the street. In the stores, there's some, but only about 40% wear the masks properly. Restaurants are jammed and no one wears masks. 

They had a massive wave here in the spring. Almost everyone I know was sick. Few got tested, so again, case totals likely under reported.  Some close relatives of my friends here died.  I suspect that there's a pretty high immunity level in the population already, likely approaching herd immunity. I wear a tightly fitted N-95 when out in the stores. In restaurants, I've mostly eaten outside, but took a chance a few times. 

NY Times reports that stats show breakthrough infections are still rare, much less than the anecdotal stories. 

Oh my God, I just heard somebody blowing the shofar outside here. Amazing. 

I'm really falling in love with this town. Being a foodie, the food scene just overwhelms me. I've had one outstanding meal after another at less than half what these things would cost at home for the better meals. 

Well, England is playing Poland in a World Cup qualifier over at the stadium across the river from me. I can hop a train out front and ride one stop over there and be there in 10 minutes. Should I go? 

Yes. I think I will. 

23 minutes ago, DrStool said:

Well, England is playing Poland in a World Cup qualifier over at the stadium across the river from me. I can hop a train out front and ride one stop over there and be there in 10 minutes. Should I go? 

Yes. I think I will. 

I will watch the game on the internet and try to find you in the stands........  🤣  🔎

Archived