Sell Rosh Hashanah 9/7/21

Apparently traders are taking the old Wall Street adage to heart. Sell Rosh Hashanah, buy Yom Kippur. So Happy New Year to all you Jewish bears out there, and other celebrants and non-celebrants alike. L'shana tovah. 

At least this morning, we get to celebrate a weak opening. As for the rest of the day, this chart has your keys. 

At 5:45 AM in New York, the ES futures were below the cyan line, which is the top of the megaphone pattern dating back to July 19. That opens some downside for a likely test of sport around 4521-24. 

tvc_f7e63161402b849713348a4796bf41f5.png

At that point, assuming they get there, then we get the proverbial, "We'll see." I see no indication currently that suggests they'll break down further. They might, but I just don't see a real tell that would make me overweight the odds of a breakdown. And even if it does break, then more sport is indicated at 4517. I don't see that breaking, but I might need new glasses. 

So color me skeptical. Again, we'll see. 

On the other hand, if they don't fall further from here, and then climb back above the megaphone line, I have little doubt that we'd get another upside breakout. 

And for your longer term listening and dining pleasure:

Take the Threat of this Triple Whammy Seriously Now

Here’s Why “Sell Rosh Hashanah, Buy Yom Kippur” Won’t Work This Year

Here’s What Happens When Gold’s Cycles Are at Cross Purposes

QE Still = 100% of Treasury Issuance, But Coming Change = Crash

If you are a new visitor to the Stool, please register and join in! To post your observations and charts, and snide, but good-natured, comments, click here to register. Be sure to respond to the confirmation email which is sent instantly. If not in your inbox, check your spam filter.  

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Dow continue to head south then Top was in August and other will follow soon

Here is something to consider. Dow 1929 was the biggest Bubble and top was 3rd September 1929, Full Moon and labour day holiday. 2021 is also bigger then 1929 bubble. 7th September also Full Moon and labour day holiday.

Nature has it's way.

10th august top.png

Long term dow update.png

10 minutes ago, jp6 said:

If Dow continue to head south then Top was in August and other will follow soon

Here is something to consider. Dow 1929 was the biggest Bubble and top was 3rd September 1929, Full Moon and labour day holiday. 2021 is also bigger then 1929 bubble. 7th September also Full Moon and labour day holiday.

Nature has it's way.

10th august top.png

Long term dow update.png

Not saying you aren't correct about the other things you posted, but I believe that today is a new moon, not a full moon? 

I have been looking at the stuff you have posted over in Look Out Below, thanks for sharing it. 

13 minutes ago, PullMyFinger said:

Not saying you aren't correct about the other things you posted, but I believe that today is a new moon, not a full moon? 

I have been looking at the stuff you have posted over in Look Out Below, thanks for sharing it. 

My mistake it should have been New Moon.

here you can check it out 

https://mooncalendar.astro-seek.com/new-moon-january-1929

https://mooncalendar.astro-seek.com/moon-phase-day-3-september-1929

https://mooncalendar.astro-seek.com/new-moon-january-2021

Archived