Report from NYCASS Meeting

WAAAAHHH-HHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! :D :D :D

We celebrated the EOW (end of world) in high style, if I do say so myself!

At a long table at Abigael's on a cold, snowy, frozen-slush night on Broadway (a 'worst case scenario,' per the bearish Mousey Dung), we ended up with about a dozen Stoolies, including the pleasant surprise of a couple of lurkers. (Hello, Igor Lurker and Orange County lurker! Claim your handles!)

Our excellent hosts, Mousey Dung, Richmtn, Piledriver and Torah Man, had done a superb job. Special thanks to Mousey Dung for his conscientious arrangements, including our midnight swim in the vat of a brewery on 44th Street, after we closed down Abigael's.

The hero of the evening was our honored guest The End, whose 6-hour drive from western PA turned into an 11-hour Iditarod epic, complete with two major traffic pile-ups. But he made it. What a mensch! And yes, he did take a digital group photo.

The first Stoolie conference featured a scintillating, extemporaneous exploration of the many-fold paths that an economic depression and market meltdown could take, imagined and explained in chilling, lifelike detail. The names of our mentors Doctor Stepan N. Stool and J. M. Hurst were invoked often, even as various crapulous false prophets of bullish salvation were identified and publicly harangued. There was a palpable sense of building excitement, as many suspected that NEXT WEEK will be THE BIG KAHUNA.

Despite the imminent collapse of civilization, Mousey Dung suggested another Stoolie socializer. The consensus seemed to be perhaps quarterly ... or after any declared market emergency ... or upon the return of Doctor Stool. There was also talk of a Stool summer camp at yobob's place in Idaho, with Hypertiger invited down to tell ghost stories around the campfire.

Well, all I can say is, you shoulda been there. The End, thank you for the excellent black T-shirt with the picture of Jim Morrison passed out on the stage. Next time we'll bring a whole case of Guinness and a microphone, and recite "Horse Latitudes" for edification and enjoyment of all!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes indeed Mr Machine Head.

It was a pleasure to meet such fine specimens of stooldom last night .

Although I found it alarming that everyone did actually look like their avatars :lol:

I am sorry the LIRR schedule dictated missing such a dedicated person as Mr The End

But look forward to doing it again

Sounds like a great time. Very sorry to have missed out, was very much looking forward to meeting everyone. I, unfourtunately, became another statistic when I was hit with a pink slip yesterday afternoon and that sort of put a damper on my enthusiasum. Didn't want to bring anyone down. Wouldn't have been able to stay around late enough to meet End anyway.

Hopefully this is just the first of many and I will get another chance.

:cry: I'm so sorry that I couldn't attend. I'm glad all had a good time. I really want to see the pictures. It would make my day, nay my life to hear my name was mentioned even once, negatively or positively no matter. Trust me, I was there anyway. Remember I'm omnipresent. <_

Machinehead, has done a perfect job of describing the evening. I nominate him for NYCASS (pronounced nice ass) Recording Secretary. There isn't much more I can add. From the very beginning to The End everyone had a great time! As Machinehead mentioned, even a couple of lurkers showed up! The End did take a few pictures. As he is staying with family in New York through the weekend, they might not be on the board until Monday. Perhaps, if he has access to a computer, they will be posted sooner. He has one of a group of us in front of the Naz Market Site but, doo to the incliment weather we opted out on a moon shot.

The fellowship we feel on the boards in Stoolville was so much more so with all of us together in person around that table Thursday night. Then of course, for some of us diehards, there was that midnight swim in the vat of beer. B) Oooohhh. I still can't focus. Outside of the quorum vote for regular quarterly meetings and emergency sessions if called for, I am happy to say nothing serious was accomplished except for a seriously good time.

Doc, how about a "ASS" meeting in Florida ?

And I don't mean the fleshy kind.

Maybe some speeches and seminars and then off to the bar for some serious drinkin and thinkin.

Surely the site is big enough now to at least attract a couple dozen Stoolie to sunny Florida --- which here in northern Florida has definitely NOT been sunny lately.

I'll even bring the real "DogBoy" with and ya'll can get some pictures with him. He's the most beautiful dog I've ever seen and many others agree as well.

Sunny Florida! I have cousins in Florida. One I believe is a major distributor and sales dude for some door manufacturing outfit. I would imagine he has done well with the Uncle Al real estate bubble. Another cousin is an airlane cargo pilot for either UPS or Fed Ex. Oddly enough I have never met them. How weird is that. I believe they were originally from Cincinatti [sp?]. where my uncle and aunt still call home.

One of my cuz's owns a nice condo in Clearwater as a vacation residence investment thing, bought it years and years ago.and on occasion my Mom and Pop would rendezvous with my uncle and aunt there. Florida sounds much more tempting than New York, but both would have their attractions to this Lotusland Canucker. Nice change of pace. Of course, I must rape, pillage and plunder the stock market before I can go. Funding issues and all that. :lol:

Doc, how about a "ASS" meeting in Florida ?

And I don't mean the fleshy kind.

Maybe some speeches and seminars and then off to the bar for some serious drinkin and thinkin.

Surely the site is big enough now to at least attract a couple dozen Stoolie to sunny Florida --- which here in northern Florida has definitely NOT been sunny lately.

I'll even bring the real "DogBoy" with and ya'll can get some pictures with him. He's the most beautiful dog I've ever seen and many others agree as well.

Got 2 black labs myself. Brother and sister. :D Greatest dogs ever!!

Guest Icky Twerp

I'm picturing a week-long tutorial/seminar at Disney world where the soon-to-be-deserted-because-of-stock-market-crash hotel, banquet, & meeting rooms will be cheap!?!

Possibly, vendor presentations could even be entertained, as the purveyors of stock-tracking software heat-map to the only individuals with disposable income: Stoolies!

After-hours Birds-of-a-feather session ideas:

Short Selling and Long-22s.

Physical Gold storage and security.

Re-Investment strategies for 2010.

Would it be wrong to hope for special surprise guest celebrity appearances?:

Bob Pisani (Please Explain...)

Kudloe & Cramer (2 minutes of Hate, BYOV**)

Maria Bartaromo (Shedding old assets in a Downturn)

** Bring Your Own Vegetables

Archived