Long Term Elliota 8/16/21

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, PullMyFinger said:

Mrs. Finger does the grocery shopping, but I will play along and say buy the dip to accompany those chips. 🙂

I don't do Instagram. Any other place I can see pix of your swanky new digs? I'm trying to talk Mrs Finger into a trip to Eastern Europe "someday" soon. 

Facebooku

But I haven't posted photos yet. 

Here's the listing.  https://www.morizon.pl/oferta/wynajem-mieszkanie-warszawa-srodmiescie-35m2-mzn2038790961

4 minutes ago, DrStool said:

Facebooku

But I haven't posted photos yet. 

Here's the listing.  https://www.morizon.pl/oferta/wynajem-mieszkanie-warszawa-srodmiescie-35m2-mzn2038790961

Thanks Doc! I don't do Fecebook either, but appreciate the listing link. Looks like a sweet view from your pic! 

YM. Fast approaching top of downtrend aqua channel. Decision time or not? 

Screen Shot 2021-08-16 at 11.12.08 AM.png

The photos of the view don't do it justice. Looking up the river to the right, there's the restored royal palace. The Commies rebuilt the old town that the Nazis had leveled and stayed true to the historical record, although not an exact reproduction. They fucked up the rest of the city, but did a nice job restoring the oldest sections along the river. 

Then the slapped a grid of boulevards designed for moving columns of Soviet tanks and military vehicles fast on top of the rest of the city. After 40 years of that asshattery, wild unfettered capitalism came down on that grid like a fast spreading, uncontrolled sexually transmitted disease. It turned Warsaw into a boomtown that looks more like Miami Beach without the palm trees and ocean, than an old European city.  

It's disjointed and jarring, but it has an edgy appeal, and a few places that are actually charming. In between those noisy boulevards and traffic roundabouts, this town has lots of great things. The restaurant scene in particular is fantastic. Lots of creative chefs doing good in the world. 

This was the sushi I had yesterday in a local suburban neighborhood restaurant.  

IMG_20210815_145302_397.webp

That was 2 different orders on one plate. Chef's specialties. Delicious. $20.  

5 minutes ago, DrStool said:

The photos of the view don't do it justice. Looking up the river to the right, there's the restored royal palace. The Commies rebuilt the old town that the Nazis had leveled and stayed true to the historical record, although not an exact reproduction. They fucked up the rest of the city, but did a nice job restoring the oldest sections along the river. 

Then the slapped a grid of boulevards designed for moving columns of Soviet tanks and military vehicles fast on top of the rest of the city. After 40 years of that asshattery, wild unfettered capitalism came down on that grid like a fast spreading, uncontrolled sexually transmitted disease. It turned Warsaw into a boomtown that looks more like Miami Beach without the palm trees and ocean, than an old European city.  

It's disjointed and jarring, but it has an edgy appeal, and a few places that are actually charming. In between those noisy boulevards and traffic roundabouts, this town has lots of great things. The restaurant scene in particular is fantastic. Lots of creative chefs doing good in the world. 

Holy crapola that's a gorgeous dish. 

Closed my YM long on that upper channel kiss. Long since the bottom channel touch this morning. It's rare that I can pick a bottom and not wind up with a smelly finger, so I'm out. It's fine if it runs away to the upside, there will probably be something tomorrow to amuse and entice. 

Gonna hang onto my NQ long for a little longer. Amazingly lucky day. 

See y'all tomorrow! 

13 minutes ago, DrStool said:

"After 40 years of that asshattery, wild unfettered capitalism came down on that grid like a fast spreading, uncontrolled sexually transmitted disease. It turned Warsaw into a boomtown that looks more like Miami Beach without the palm trees and ocean, than an old European city.  "

Zillow or realtor.com should be paying you to write up high end real estate listings. 😄

9 minutes ago, PullMyFinger said:

Holy crapola that's a gorgeous dish. 

Seriously. Tasted just as good. Two meals. $20. Had a bowl of miso soup with fresh salmon. The bowl was gigantic. It was a full two servings. The fish was so fresh it jumped out of the soup. Loaded with seaweed too. About as healthy a delicious soup as you can get. Well... except for the salt. 😄😄 $3. Three frickin dollars. 

2 minutes ago, potatohead said:

"After 40 years of that asshattery, wild unfettered capitalism came down on that grid like a fast spreading, uncontrolled sexually transmitted disease. It turned Warsaw into a boomtown that looks more like Miami Beach without the palm trees and ocean, than an old European city.  "

Zillow or realtor.com should be paying you to write up high end real estate listings. 😄

Well, the Nazis did a number on this town. First the Jews rose up in '43, then the Poles had a really big uprising in '44. That pissed of the Nazis really bad. They absolutely leveled this place.  There was so much rubble in much of it that they just rebuilt on top of the rubble.  Eisenhower - "I have seen many towns destroyed, but nowhere have I been faced with such destruction.”  

https://www.loc.gov/resource/ppmsca.19261/

https://poland.pl/history/historical-events/warsaw-phoenix/

Archived