How Bad Was That Yobs Report, Man? Not Bad At All, Just Wrong 5/10/21

Rate this topic

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As soon as I heard that Friday's nonfarm payrolls report was the biggest "miss" in history, I knew that something was "amiss."  And it wasn't the eConomissts estimates. As much as I can't stan

Thanks. You can share it from here or WSE.   There are two ways to share a post from the board. You can share the thread, using the share icon at the top of the thread. Or you can share the post.

1 hour ago, potatohead said:

Lee, great article on BLS data.

The 10 year period you mentioned that takes last 5 years and next 5 years using the x-13 formula, was that from the following: 

" That is, a final seasonally adjusted estimate for a single time point requires up to 5 years of monthly data preceding and following that time point. "

https://www.bls.gov/cps/seasonal-adjustment-methodology.htm

It's been a while, but that indeed looks like the source. 

1 minute ago, SiP said:

Lee,

could you make your first post in today's thread (BLS) as a article so i could share it?

Gr8 work.

Thanks. You can share it from here or WSE.  

There are two ways to share a post from the board. You can share the thread, using the share icon at the top of the thread. Or you can share the post. Click the 3 dots at the top right of the post. This is a link to options. The first one is share. Click that and select the mode you want to use. 

Slick, but hidden. 

• Like 1

And finished 4th out of a field of 564 last night 😎 Going to Vegas in a week or so, cheaper to fly in there than AZ. Might just waste a few days there after I help my daughter move... 4 hour drive from there