Stonks Walking The High Wire 4/28/21

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Worked my butt off promoting my post on Twitter. Powell used almost my exact words when asked about the TAPER. 

Lately there has been a lot of speculation about when the Fed will start tapering. Make me laugh. The Fed doesn’t dare even think about it."

https://liquiditytrader.com/index.php/2021/04/28/markets-awash-in-cash-where-how-and-how-long-revealed/ 

3 minutes ago, Mkucstars said:

That being said, are you buying? Or are you fully invested drooling at the thought of all the money you'll make...

I came in long, and got longer before the noncement. I don't like to talk about my trading. It's a jinx. Every time I open my mouth I lose money. 

Most of the longs I have right now are energy stocks. A few of them broke out today. Also a few tech stocks. They are red. I am up comfortably on the day. I have no shorts, but not because I don't want to. I prefer to be short. But shorts haven't worked, even when there are sell signals because the trend structures for the time frames I work aren't conducive to shorting. 

These are swing trades, typical holding period on average, 3 weeks. Steady, diversified, small average, very short term gains, and rotation of cash, catching a runner here and there and riding it, are the idea. 

23 minutes ago, Mkucstars said:

The things we are all aware of have been priced into the market, thus historic high valuations. How much more, how many more fools can they sell stocks to? I think that's why we are stalling here. I believe we are near the end of the rope. We already have mass euphoria. Just my opinion.

They sell to the same fools all the time. The basic fact is that the Primary Dealers run the markets. They get cash from the Fed, mark up their inventory, market it through the usual PR channels and sell it. That's their business.  

And the game is now rigged because the Fed is pumping $180 billion a month into their accounts, every single month with no end in sight. 

And now the Treasury is piling on. $430 billion since February 23. 

It's disgusting. 

I have no problem with other people's opinions.  Plan your trades. Trade your plan. There's more than one way to make money in the market. Arguing about it is pointless. Just make money. More importantly. Don't lose money.  

33 minutes ago, DrStool said:

They sell to the same fools all the time. The basic fact is that the Primary Dealers run the markets. They get cash from the Fed, mark up their inventory, market it through the usual PR channels and sell it. That's their business.  

And the game is now rigged because the Fed is pumping $180 billion a month into their accounts, every single month with no end in sight. 

And now the Treasury is piling on. $430 billion since February 23. 

It's disgusting. 

I have no problem with other people's opinions.  Plan your trades. Trade your plan. There's more than one way to make money in the market. Arguing about it is pointless. Just make money. More importantly. Don't lose money.  

Word! Excellent stuff. I think you just gave the secrets of the universe in 16 sentences. But those last three sentences are often the hardest part for me. Why is also why I'm a subscriber. 🙂

Archived