Here's The Only Pattern You Need 4/13/21

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The beagle in the apartment down the way does beagle cries every day when his lady comes home from work. Makes me laugh. That dog is hilarious. 

We're on the 5th floor (European 4th floor). When a big vicious dog goes by on the street, this little beagle goes out on the terrace and growls and barks like a vicious predator. But when he's out sunbathing and I walk by, he cowers in dread. 😄😄😄 

60M NQ. I suppose a touch of that red upper channel line is inevitable soon, but I chickened out and closed my long from yesterday. One of my biggest challenges is having the patience to let my winners run. I am not good at it at all. And I am terrible at knowing where to place trailing stops. Off to the beach--perfect day here in MX and too beautiful to be inside. Knock 'em down!

Screen Shot 2021-04-13 at 8.19.51 AM.png

Just now, PullMyFinger said:

60M NQ. I suppose a touch of that red upper channel line is inevitable soon, but I chickened out and closed my long from yesterday. One of my biggest challenges is having the patience to let my winners run. I am not good at it at all. And I am terrible at knowing where to place trailing stops. Off to the beach--perfect day here in MX and too beautiful to be inside. Knock 'em down!

Screen Shot 2021-04-13 at 8.19.51 AM.png

Certain types of moving averages are good for trailing stops. Especially if your trading platform lets you program them to trigger automatically. But there's no perfect method. Some will always leave money on the table or close out too early, but they work out in the long run by keeping you in the runners until they run out of gas. 

Where they don't work at all is in trading ranges. They are cold blooded killers when a price is rangebound. If your method is good at identifying valid breakouts, then the MAs can be used with good effect. 

I'm shorting the Q's here. Two weeks upside to a rather overbought condition. The sky's the limit but i think the air is getting rather thin here. Can expectations get any better? Is this the roaring 20's all over again? I will keep a stop on but risk/reward is looking pretty good now.

Archived