Dubbya 2/19/21

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is no way they will allow this thing to deflate.  If the PD's or bigger players are in trouble then I think we are at the point where the Fed and all the institutions will cheat.  Go off balance sheet.  How? I've got no clue.  

Face it. the Feds balance sheet is a joke. A polite fiction. The principal will never be settled. The debt isn't debt. The assets aren't assets. Nobody cares.  On the other hand they can't stop pretending that the books mean anything.  It that pretense which is poisonings social relations but nobody knows it.  It's the social political breakdown which would crash it all. 

Random musings of an old man. One who is rarely mad, like some others.

4 hours ago, Jorma said:

There is no way they will allow this thing to deflate.  If the PD's or bigger players are in trouble then I think we are at the point where the Fed and all the institutions will cheat.  Go off balance sheet.  How? I've got no clue.  

Face it. the Feds balance sheet is a joke. A polite fiction. The principal will never be settled. The debt isn't debt. The assets aren't assets. Nobody cares.  On the other hand they can't stop pretending that the books mean anything.  It that pretense which is poisonings social relations but nobody knows it.  It's the social political breakdown which would crash it all. 

Random musings of an old man. One who is rarely mad, like some others.

I don't agree. I have no problem with the Fed's balance sheet. It's internally consistent, and consistent with external data. 

The Fed doesn't try to hide that much. They do what they do out in the open, although they spew a mountain of BS to obfuscate and misdirect. Few understand it, and the Wall Street insiders that do, who are mostly confined to the dealers themselves, also obfuscate and misdirect. 

I agree that the Fed will need to intervene in size again very soon. It will do so out in the open. A couple trillion here, a couple trillion there. Nobody flinches. Trillions? A pittance. 

Question is whether it will work again. 

The Fed has attempted to corner the Treasury market, and everybody acts like it's a normal market. But it's not, and the Fed is still not doing enough to keep bond prices stable. 

Archived