Air Pockety 2/12/21

6 hours ago, Jimi said:

Someone used pipecutters to steal our neighbor's catalytic converter about 2 weeks ago.

Several catalytic converters stolen in my small city over the last few months (https://www.google.com/amp/s/whdh.com/news/man-facing-additional-charges-in-connection-with-catalytic-converter-thefts-in-nh/amp/)

sidenote - homeless population has exploded 

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More anecdotal evidence… 

I am a public school special education teacher. I work with students with learning disabilities, ADHD, behavioral disorders, mental illness, higher end spectrum disorders, etc.… Currently, I have two students attempting day trade in between hybrid learning.  When I ask what a PE ratio is, they tell me that Elon musk is trying to colonize Mars.

18 hours ago, itiswhatitis said:

More anecdotal evidence… 

I am a public school special education teacher. I work with students with learning disabilities, ADHD, behavioral disorders, mental illness, higher end spectrum disorders, etc.… Currently, I have two students attempting day trade in between hybrid learning.  When I ask what a PE ratio is, they tell me that Elon musk is trying to colonize Mars.

A year and a half ago I went on rants about how they were going to inflate this mofo no matter what.  Did I listen to myself?  Not so much. I was saying, half kidding but only half, that they were going to print enough money to send Musk's spaceships to Mars.  So far so good.  

If you think about Star Wars or every space saga ever you may have noticed that the topic of money never comes up. Who pays for those spaceships? Who pays the people? Who do they work for and why? How is stuff distributed.  It seems that in our space future there isn't an economy per say but people still fly around the universe trading stuff. Go figure. Well there is no figuring. 

Anyway as an alternative to our economics I continue to recommend this. Surplus Energy Economics. https://surplusenergyeconomics.wordpress.com/   Start with the latest or go back to recent summaries.  I think he  is onto something.

By the way. The amount of energy needed to get stuff to Mars is stupendous. 

Archived