Rebounding from a Pounding 9/21/20

39 minutes ago, DrStool said:

They need to do something or this shitshow will start picking up more shit as it rolls downhill. That will doom Trump. But it will also doom all the rest of us.  

If we are doomed with Trump and doomed by conditions that support his departure, I vote for the latter doom.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a terrible time. My god. The end of US Constitutional government. As flawed as it was, it beat the alternatives for 240 years. Just horrifying to witness its destruction by this corrupt, venal demagogue, and his supporters and enablers. 

Just to keep things in perspective: We are still quite far ABOVE the EMA200 daily, in S&P circa 120 points, in NDX more than 1000. 

I say it again: Trump and his mobsters will do EVERYTHING to hold the market up into the election. There are BIG players in the market who have a genuine interest that Trumps gets his second term.

7 hours ago, Jorma said:

Fed Head Kaplan on  CNBC actually pointed out that stock/GDP ratio is in record territory and that a correction could be "helpful".   He also said, I am going by my news ticker,  that his forecast for strong Q4 growth is contingent on stimulus.

Quite sure he meant that stocks should meander right around these levels (something like a 2800 to 3300 range or so) for some time and GDP pick up and therefore the ratio goes down. Kaplan is in my view not an advocate of Da Bears wet dream of a tripple digit S&P.

11 minutes ago, fxfox said:

Just to keep things in perspective: We are still quite far ABOVE the EMA200 daily, in S&P circa 120 points, in NDX more than 1000. 

I say it again: Trump and his mobsters will do EVERYTHING to hold the market up into the election. There are BIG players in the market who have a genuine interest that Trumps gets his second term.

No doubt. I simply find these rally's underwhelming. Leaving Mother market wanting for wood and yet endlessly seeking fresh batteries.

46 minutes ago, Jimi said:

Heh Doc, I got a reCAPTCHA error all weekend and briefly again today.

I only do that to spammers. 

Or maybe it was the smoke in the lines. 

But let me know if it happens again.  

Archived