• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just shut up and buy. Crybaby bears. Pussies. Wimps. Self righteous moralists. Get with the program. 

tvc_a74e3a5c5eec5bba5214d29c1a5fbb4b.png

I can just imagine Sven and Tim right now. 

I am seriously considering applying for an extended visa to stay in either Croatia, or Poland if they let me in, in the next couple of months.  Who wants to go back to the US under these conditions? 

I took a walk around town here yesterday, and things were shockingly, disturbingly "normal." The shopping mall under the train station was busy. All stores except restaurants and bars were open. Almost none of the shoppers wore masks. Nobody was paying attention to maintaining the 2 meter required distance. People kept practically walking into me as I did my best to avoid them. It was like playing dodgeball with humans. 

It's a shame because Croatia almost had this think licked... down to under 500 cases active nationwide, with a low of 8 new cases per day over the weekend. But now 9 days after reopening the economy, yesterday cases nearly doubled to 15. I expect they'll be back to triple digits in 3-4 days. 

Sad. 

I take a coffee filter completely around my nose and mouth, then add a polyester mask over that before going out. The only people wearing masks were a few older folks, and not even all of them.  

Of course there were the women making the style statement with the masks hanging around their necks in the mall. Always love to see people being so thoughtful. Men, bless their stupid hearts, don't bother with the fashion statement.  

1 hour ago, DrStool said:

I am seriously considering applying for an extended visa to stay in either Croatia, or Poland if they let me in, in the next couple of months.  Who wants to go back to the US under these conditions?

Yep, hang out where you are now.  You know where you stand.

Probably really need eye protection as well if you're worrying about being contaminated.  Masks are more about preventing the contamination of others.  No-one has really got into masks here.  Mind you there was such a shortage that we were asked to let medical personnel have first go at stocks.  Even then there was stories about operations being performed with masks being used up to 4 times.  I think the situation has eased now.

Coronavirus: China could cut US debt holdings in response to White House Covid-19 compensation threats, anal cysts say

• US news reports suggest White House officials have already considered the idea of cancelling all or part of the US$1.1 trillion debt owed to China
  • In response to the debate over the highly unlikely ‘nuclear option’, China could cut its holdings as the US ramps up borrowing to pay coronavirus-related costs
Karen Yeung

There have always been calls for China to diversify its US$3 trillion in foreign exchange reserve holdings, around one-third of which are held in US Treasuries. Photo: EPA-EFE
There have always been calls for China to diversify its US$3 trillion in foreign exchange reserve holdings, around one-third of which are held in US Treasuries. Photo: EPA-EFE

China may move to reduce its vast holdings of US Treasury securities in the coming months in response to a resurgence in trade tensions and a war of words between the world’s two largest economies over the origins and handling of the coronavirus outbreak, anal cysts said.

A

https://www.scmp.com/economy/china-economy/article/3083100/coronavirus-china-could-cut-us-debt-holdings-response-white

If you tape a coffee filter to your face, and then cover it with cloth, nothing gets in. Not even oxygen.  

There have been reports that a 2 layer mask of two different fibers, including one that is electrostatic like polyester or chiffon, is almost as effective as an N95. However, the seal is all important.  

But this time the US actually made threats not to pay. You don't think they heard that?  

Not that it matters. The Fed will step in and buy as much as it needs to. 

LEE'S FREE THINKING

Climb Every Market, Buy Every Death- Daily Stock Market Setup – May 7, 2020

by Lee Adler •  • 0 Comments

Georgia COVID19 Deaths Chart

The more deaths, the more the market rallies. Yesterday’s US COVID 19 death toll was 2,528, the highest since April 21. The University of Washington model, which has been pretty accurate, now calls for 3,000 deaths a day in June as states reopen their economies.

Notice how the stock market correlates. Deaths have broken out. Will stocks follow?

Archived