We're All Gonna Die 4/20/20

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, sandy beach said:

I'm guessing some bank in Europe is blowing up tonight on some oil derivatives gone bad. 

But none of the major ones. They don‘t have that big of an exposure on oil.

Low oil prices hurts Arabs most. That‘s the goal: to hurt Russia, Iran and all Arabs. The whole right wing conservatives hate Arabs more than McCarthy did hate Communists. Forget the US shale oil industry, that‘s collateral damage.

7 minutes ago, Jorma said:

75 years ago today on 20 April 1945, Hitler's 56th birthday, Soviet artillery of the 1st Belorussian Front began shelling Berlin and did not stop until the city surrendered.

And days before, Germans began to burn their uniforms, Hitler pics, NSdAP badges and insignia. See, that was the proof: Nobody was a Nazi. Never.

When I was a kid none of the elderly ever spoke about the war and NO ONE of that generation ever spoke about what happened to the jews. No one did see anything. No one did know a jew, although they were an integrated part of the German society before the Nazis gained power.. Tens of thousands of Jews lived in Frankfurt for example. 

47 minutes ago, sandy beach said:

I'm guessing some bank in Europe is blowing up tonight on some oil derivatives gone bad. 

So, I was thinking about this as I dragged long-ago discarded, rotting crap up from the corners of my yard....

I think we can agree that someone was long going into expiration today who suddenly realized that they had to get flat at any price.

Who & why?

I can't explain the mechanics, but could it be the Trump administration having ordered replenishment of the strategic reserves about two weeks ago, got long futures contracts expecting to take delivery for the strategic reserve, only to find that every freaking transport vessel is already secured & filled? So, there was no capacity for them with which to take delivery? And by the time they started calling around for delivery/transport purposes, liquidity for closing out the front-month contract at expiration had already moved/rolled forward into the next month?

So, they had to close out the position at any price this morning?

I mean, it seems that the extreme price dislocation dictates that someone very large & very naive dominated the crude futures markets today. Federal government fills that bill.

Does that idea hold any water?

Archived