Quarterly Digger - Till the Top

http://www.businessi...flation-2012-10

If Romney win then say good riddance to Stocks,Bond and Gold

http://www.neowave.c...ew-20120921.asp

http://www.neowave.c...0921/MCGold.pdf

By year end I will dump everything and see how it plays out

Suspect do it sooner than later. Tax selling may be major as tax in 2013 looks taxigedon.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Suspect do it sooner than later. Tax selling may be major as tax in 2013 looks taxigedon.

looking at the Dollar charts, there is still one more leg up in Gold

Without QE Gold, stocks and bond should tank, Dollar should go up

Tax Year end is in April here,

I agree with Dharmaeye on selling early when it comes to miners. I already sold everything that I could take profits on which wasn't a lot but I have cash.

Regular markets will sell but reposition in say, the Starbucks and Walmarts and Manufacturers of the world that pay dividends. Because once traders have cash and see the dollar crashing, back in they go to the stockmarker, higher taxes or not.

It is still like stagflation where anything you don't need is still cheap and stuff you need is rising in price.

If there is going to be another try at going above spot gold $1800 this year, it will be after the elections. And that is if you are lucky because sideways can be part of this protracted correction.

Oil, PM, Iran, Euroland, US$ all being kept in check so far.

I post these Mark Hanson links, not so much for the real estate conditions although they are a good barometer of the economy but because he dissects the reasons for the numbers which usually exposes government intervention in a myraid of failed enticements. It justs goes from bad to worse with Congress ignoring and adding to the problems.

10-16 Sacramento Sept House Pendings / Sales Volume Collapse…Say What?!?

i find it odd yet i am pleased that there is no cheer-leading here. or with the talking heads.

golden crosses everywhere.. which I am well aware means nothing alone, but you cannot have a bull without it.

bouncing before the 50 day can be tested

the last swing move for GDX , from low 31.54 to high 47.42 is exactly a 50% move off the bottom.

I am 1/2 long and will probably go long the other half via NUGT on a test of the 50 day.

GDX 200 day has turned up, ever so slightly..but it will begin to accelerate

the election and associated news noise may influence short term moves.. some could be violent... but the bottom line

.....Ben Bernanke's term as Chairman ends January 31, 2014. - He is going "All In" with his/Obama's plan...

R-MONEY cannot stop him for at least a year ( even if he wanted to)

so untill proven otherwise I believe " the Bull is back"

JMVHO

The good news is that spot gold could fall to around $700 and still be in a bull market...er...ok...that's not such good news. Okay then, lots of support around $1550.

How'bout $1665? Does that make you feel any better?`

Anyway, I have been deleting miner stock symbols from my Yahoo watch list as they cease trading due mergers/buyouts. The sector wasn't that large to begin with and if you consider environments non-conducive to operating mines lately i.e. South Africa most of South America and in China where everything is controlled by the government collective, that pretty much leaves Canada and Mexico maybe Aussieland for buying miners. With always the exceptions.

This 'unrest' will drive PM prices up as no government can dig dirt cheaper than a gold crazed prospector. The difference mainly being incentive.

Still not to late to look for outlying claims near, between or next to already existing working mines esp. in Canada where reporting requirements are not as stringent and explorers can't get listed on the US big boards. Doesn't mean they haven't struck pay dirt just a question of how much, how deep, how rich. Roll the dice.

Bought a few HL options in Jan. '14 for cheap while some were in a panic. That was as far out as they went. Tells me all the big action happens after Jan. '14. Of course I am relying on HL to begin producing out of their replacement shaft, this coming January and they are still paying a (pitful) dividend. So, repairs costs didn't hurt that much other than share price which is a good thing for me.

Yes Whadda I Do $1,665 would make me feel a lot better than $700 if it would stop there. :D I've provided a chart by Pitrading.com showing the monthly pivot points for GLD because I could not get $ gold to come up so I used GLD plus 3.5082% x 10 to get the pivot points for spot gold. I came up with 3.5082% because gold traded 3.5082% above GLD at the 2011 $1,923.70 cycle swing high. GLD traded at $185.85.

GLD

S1 165.98 plus 3.5082% = 171.80291 x 10= $1,718.0291

S2 160.06 plus 3.5082% = 165.67522 x 10= $ 1,656.7522

S3 156.46 plus 3.5082% = 161.94892 x 10= $1,619.4892

The average of the three monthly spot gold support pivot points come out to be $1,664.76

post-8571-0-84875500-1351096070_thumb.jpg

i find it odd yet i am pleased that there is no cheer-leading here. or with the talking heads.

golden crosses everywhere.. which I am well aware means nothing alone, but you cannot have a bull without it.

bouncing before the 50 day can be tested

the last swing move for GDX , from low 31.54 to high 47.42 is exactly a 50% move off the bottom.

I am 1/2 long and will probably go long the other half via NUGT on a test of the 50 day.

GDX 200 day has turned up, ever so slightly..but it will begin to accelerate

the election and associated news noise may influence short term moves.. some could be violent... but the bottom line

.....Ben Bernanke's term as Chairman ends January 31, 2014. - He is going "All In" with his/Obama's plan...

R-MONEY cannot stop him for at least a year ( even if he wanted to)

so untill proven otherwise I believe " the Bull is back"

JMVHO

FAIL!!!! remind me to do the opposite of what I post.!!!

in fact remind me never to post if I ever do it again!!!

I have learned not to go against Glen Neely

http://www.neowave.com/company-interview-20120921.asp

Little has happened in Gold the last 3 months. Based on the NEoWave

concept of “touch points,” this pattern has 5 (3 on top, 2 on bottom, the

max should be 4). To “fix” this problem, wave-x5 must exceed the top

channel or end comfortably below it. Based on the discussion in the

Logic section at left, a new high is improbable; so, wave-x5 is expected

to end this year below 2011’s high.

The more astute were looking for a possible cup and handle, with the handle now beginning to form. I say it would take at least a couple of months to form that handle.

In the meantime, the sideways range since the $1900 top and say $1540 yearly bottom is so large that any targets within the range are pretty much meaningless for longer trending. So far you can only play short term swings during the ups and downs. Gotta break $1900 or say $1540 to mean anything.

Cash is a position. As long as the US$ holds above .77, I think you will be okay while waiting for miners to launch. Below .77, beware then back to miners.

This range bound could go on for months more. If the cup'n handle plays out, buying starts around the bottom of the handle, leading to a substained launch. Whether it clears $1900, is wait and see.

Have fun.

"I have not failed, I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." Thomas Edison

We are all in this together trying to figure this stuff out. Keep posting. :D

Archived