Rogers, Faber And A Nobel Laureate On Global-think

BAREister

great interview, y'all. FYI, FWIW:

warning: it's a LONG interview - and there are rebuffering interruptions. may want to save doing this FUR the off-hours.

If you have a broadband connection you may want to go to

http://info.vpro.nl/info/tegenlicht/index....738518+7738520+

10443446#loadvariables

and click on the orange square on the upper right side of the page.

Then, once you GET there/do that, click on the video icon over on the right side of the page. The interview is in English. Don't be put off by the Norwegian/Austrian/Finnish/Danish/Swedish, etc.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like it! The BarASSter will become a LINK dude soon enough, I hope. Still waiting for those 10 charts though Bare. :grin: Dr. Bontchev has posted detailed instuctions for dynamic linking.

I haven't figured out the attachment thing yet myself though. I think the problem lies in my not correctly converting bitmaps to gifs or jpegs. Once I think I got it I still get the error message. :blink: Probably easier on Doc's server that I don't anyway. Or my complete lack of compuker background. I certainly know it isn't the fluorescent lights frying my brain. :lol:

Saw this interview here on tv Sunday night.Amazing stuff.My wife remarked that this was the same sort of thing I've been talking about for months now-everything courtesy of Capitalstool and all its great contributors.

Faber is really good and the other guy(the investor whose name I've forgotten)was a bit of scream as he kept saying,"Oh,I've got some of that currency or those shares".Made me wonder if there was anything he didn't have some of-not many USD apparently.

Didn't it strike you,however, that the oil guy(advisor to Shrub) seemed to be totally clueless about everything the others were discussing?He seemed to sit there with his mouth open and not really make any positive contribution to the show.

Maybe he was there as a gubmint spy-we now know who to lock up first when it all goes totally pear-shaped!! Ha,Ha.

From the Faber link MH posted directly above:

He is not predicting huge bull markets in commodities and the Asian markets but, when global economic conditions improve, these asset classes "should outperform the US and European financial markets".

Ah, that's the question isn't it? When will global economic conditions improve given that we have not even begun to wring out the excesses built up from the last 20 years? I can almost guarantee you one thing, when economic conditions do improve, it will not be tech that leads the way to higher profits. And Asia is heavily tech oriented.

A little side note: DRAM prices are rapidly plunging to new lows. Companies such as Micron are doomed. We have flat to down demand in virtually all categories of chips, companies have spent big bucks gearing up for larger wafers which lowers their cost factor, but at the same time leads to increased output. Excess supply leads to declining prices. Soon I think we will see China becoming a bigger factor in the chip market and who can compete with 10 cent an hour labor?

Archived