Weekendoftimeslikethisistheendmyfriend

Again, the employment report was terrible, measured in a) the appropriate context

and B) in % (of labor force @ prior peak, population). Even a 290K figure-Adler's raw

first estimate from withholding data-would be a soft number in proper perspective.

And the MSM is in no way 'gloomy' or on this or any other economic aspect, at least not in

any way that an objective observer would categorize 'gloom'. The next time I hear CNBC,

Buttberg, AP, Sow Jones, Rooters, NYTimes, etc., use the words 'depression', worst

economic upcycle since before WW2, horrendous(vs. weak, disappointing or even bad)

labor market/employment situation, will be the absolute very first time for such an occurance.

I would expect monkeys to fly out of my ass before such truthful views are expressed.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The question from an investment standpoint is not whether things are good or bad in absolute terms or historical terms. The question is whether there is any deviation from trend. Until those deviations begin to crop up, whether in the technical indicators, liquidity and monetary indicators, or economic indicators, there's no reason to believe that the trend is changing. That's as basic as it gets. In other words, the trend is your friend. One just needs to measure it in relevant ways and figure out what the trend is. That's what I try to do in my work.

Archived