Weekendoftimeslikethisistheendmyfriend

Mr. Hanky indicated that he would be out today I think.

After the rally, he's probably going to crawl into a bottle.

Today was Animal Planet Redux. Giraffe Formation. Censored Mickey Boner from Hell.

Sucks to be a bear.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bingo. 8 or 9 years ago here I predicted that eventually corporate bonds and assets would be money, somehow. This still isn't there but if and when central banks substitute corporate paper of all sorts for government paper then money will be backed by private corporate assets and so they will in a sense become money.

Or otherwise corporate paper will be the base of value, somehow. As in how many dollars can you buy with your GS bonds, not the other way around. I also said top corporate bonds would permanently trade at a lower rate than Treasury paper. As we see it does for much soverign paper already.

Which is why I refuse to be a bear anymore. The world may go to hell in a hand basket and governments and governance my do the same but corporate assets and debt will reign supreme as stores of value and perhaps mediums of exchange, and corporations may become law unto themselves as they are already, or otherwise we will enter a JH Kuntsler, Automatic Earth world in which case money or what passes for it won't make much difference anyway.

The arrow of history is pointing to corporations as the leading model of human organization, instead of governments. It may be a meet the new boss, same as the old sort of thing. For awhile anyway.

This is the end of my crackpot thoughts for the day

DONGING FSLR

Shorty - my thoughts on donging FSLR

The reason the stock has crashed in because the chinese solars are selling panels way below cost.

No one is making money in solar.

The chinese solars are being subsidised covertly through their municipalities and by the chinese banks.

Its all to a plan.

The only way for FSLR to go up is for this covert subsidisation to cease.

All the chinese solar accounting hanky panky news may be a sign that this covert subsidiation is about to cease.

Which can only be bullish for FSLR.

Archived