AAPL shorts get molested

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The POS (piece of sh*t) that you see below is a 60 min. chart of FSLR (First Solar). This 60 day chart doesn't go back enough to show the destruction that has occured. This stock was above 100 only several months ago and bottomed near 30 back in December. Since then it has had a pretty good bounce, especially in percentage terms. Now, to the chart, you can see what appears to be a wedge that is near completion. Typically, this is a bearish sign and I interpret it to be just that. However, it could be a leading diagonal, a fractal of a larger move up. If so, it would still need some kind of correction into hypothetical wave 2. Assuming it is not a leading diagonal of an impulse, it could be a leading diagonal wave A which would need down into wave B and then up again into wave C, forming some kind of flat. Another alternative would be, excluding elliot terms, that it is just a wedge and when it breaks, all hell will break loose.

Near the highs of today, I purchased some puts on this POS. This wedge could produce a quick move to the downside, maybe even a gap down tomorrow. Anyway, we shall see.

I referr to this stock as First Crapper

post-350-132882215592_thumb.png

Dumped a batch of the AAPL puts for absolutely no gain, folks. All in a day's work.Have made roughly 42 pts. on NQ this week, which has made up for the losses I've taken gaming cult favorite crapple. Just for Trader Joe, I've purchased some out of the money crapple calls for that blast through 500 to infinity that he opines about.

I don't find playing options in these high priced flying butt monkeys to be worth time and $

I tried in the past, but the because of the premiums involved it's next to impossible (for me) to make any money unless you hit the turn almost perfectly

Just sayin' -- good luck regardless

Now on to solar...

I like the etf's when playing these "sectors"

I'm long the TanMan on its epic clash and hoping for acres of diamonds

big.chart?nosettings=1&symb=tan&uf=0&type=4&size=2&sid=3160916&style=320&freq=1&time=9&rand=936064292&compidx=aaaaa%3a0&ma=0&maval=9&lf=1&lf2=0&lf3=0&height=335&width=579&mocktick=1

TJ,

FSLR selling off after hours. It is down nearly 2 bucks from where I purchased the puts. Maybe it will correct to the bottom of wedge. Who knows. Have to find out later. Looking at FSLR long term on the daily, it is due for decent bounce and, after all, is above both its 21 and 50-day ma's for the first time in a while. So, after this dip, if it occurs, I will be thinking long, maybe just buying the stock, though, and holding it.

Anyway, my short-term view probably doesn't mean much, as you look at things on longer time frames.

I like the TAN and might thinking of looking into that one for longer time holding.

If ES 1350 continues to hold on a closing basis,a case could still be made for a major top.Liquidity is non-stop so it's tough to make a call.

Rally is running on just momo stocks now,most others have paused here.

1350 has held the last 5+ attempts last year,so we are at a critical point here no doubt.

post-404-132882501539_thumb.jpeg

TJ,

FSLR selling off after hours. It is down nearly 2 bucks from where I purchased the puts. Maybe it will correct to the bottom of wedge. Who knows. Have to find out later. Looking at FSLR long term on the daily, it is due for decent bounce and, after all, is above both its 21 and 50-day ma's for the first time in a while. So, after this dip, if it occurs, I will be thinking long, maybe just buying the stock, though, and holding it.

Anyway, my short-term view probably doesn't mean much, as you look at things on longer time frames.

I like the TAN and might thinking of looking into that one for longer time holding.

Interesting thing about FSLR

Chart below from when it went pubic

2007&rand=2089583570&compidx=aaaaa%3a0&ma=0&maval=9&lf=1&lf2=0&lf3=0&height=335&width=579&mocktick=1

What's interesting is during it's recent flame out, it didn't get through those levels and instead rested right in that area ($29.87 52wl)

big.chart?nosettings=1&symb=fslr&uf=0&type=4&size=2&sid=2454742&style=320&freq=1&time=7&rand=1124598384&compidx=aaaaa%3a0&ma=0&maval=9&lf=1&lf2=0&lf3=0&height=335&width=579&mocktick=1

...and what a wild ride in between

big.chart?nosettings=1&symb=fslr&uf=0&type=4&size=2&sid=2454742&style=320&freq=1&time=20&rand=1881491571&compidx=aaaaa%3a0&ma=0&maval=9&lf=1&lf2=0&lf3=0&height=335&width=579&mocktick=1

If ES 1350 continues to hold on a closing basis,a case could still be made for a major top.Liquidity is non-stop so it's tough to make a call.

Rally is running on just momo stocks now,most others have paused here.

1350 has held the last 5+ attempts last year,so we are at a critical point here no doubt.

zactly right

so if and when it does cross to the upside...especially with a large liquidity push

LOA

1500 will be a lock

and Obummer will have a key erection talking point

"stock market is at all time historical highs"

book it!

Comic interlude for suffering bears -

Lehman Sues Citigroup for $2.5 Billion ‘Wrongfully’ Taken

By Linda Sandler - Feb 9, 2012 12:03 AM ET

Bankrupt Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc. (LEHMQ) sued Citigroup Inc. ©’s Citibank for $2.5 billion by over claims the bank “wrongfully” withheld the money after it was transferred by Lehman in the months before its 2008 bankruptcy.

Lehman also is seeking “hundreds of millions” owed by Citibank, and wants to reduce or deny $2 billion of claims Citibank filed against Lehman, according to a court filing yesterday.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-02-09/citigroup-sued-by-lehman-brothers-for-2-5-billion-wrongfully-withheld.html

The Oracle of Omaha sayz -

Buffett: Bonds Among Most Dangerous Assets

By Noah Buhayar - Feb 9, 2012 9:57 AM ET

“High interest rates, of course, can compensate purchasers for the inflation risk they face with currency-based investments -- and indeed, rates in the early 1980s did that job nicely,” Buffett wrote. “Current rates, however, do not come close to offsetting the purchasing-power risk that investors assume. Right now bonds should come with a warning label.”

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-02-09/buffett-says-bonds-are-among-most-dangerous-assets-on-low-rates-inflation.html

Interesting thing about FSLR

Chart below from when it went pubic

What's interesting is during it's recent flame out, it didn't get through those levels and instead rested right in that area ($29.87 52wl)

...and what a wild ride in between

Basically, what it did on the multi-month flame out was fill that ancient, unfilled gap, the one right before the hay day began. So, I guess target achieved, at least from that perspective.

Anyway, I live about 4 miles from First Solar in northwest Ohio and know some of the peeps that work there. These guys have been receiving stock options for years, but can only convert them into stock once a year in March and only a percentage of them at a time. Unfortunately, some of these guys have been holding the actual stock in their E-trade accounts since it was above 200. They don't know when to sell them, so most of them just hold onto them because they believe the hype. Anyway, I send them emails periodically telling them my thoughts on the stock.

Many months ago, I sent them some charts telling them that when it hits near 170 to unload everything they got and do it quickly. It did hit almost exactly that, but most of them didn't sell. Then it started to move down and, before long, it was near 100 and there is a critical area that ran through there. I told them if it dips under a certain area and the backtest fails, that this thing was headed for the crapper. Some of them did sell and are very thankful; however, there were some that road it all the way down to the bottom. It was funny, but when I told them that I thought the critical area near 100 would probably fail and that this thing was headed to the abyss, some of them got upset at me, like I offended their company or something. How dare you say that about my company...

Anyway, if I can dig up some of the charts that I sent them, I will post them. One of them even had a toilet on it with an arrow pointing down to it, depicting the future direction of the price. You can see the back test failure real clear on the one chart. At that point, I was telling them to sell, sell!

Found a couple of them, even the one with graphic toilet:

post-350-132883086118_thumb.png

post-350-132883120393_thumb.png

Archived