Does Ta Matter In This Environment?

Vesselin, you are very good at explaining how TA relates to the market and world events.

Since I didn't particpate in Capital Stool in 2001, were you and/or others here looking for a sharp market fall before the market closings of 9/11/01?

In 2001 my TA was not as good as now, of course - I keep learning. Regarding your question - it depends on how you define "a sharp market fall". Already in August I had noticed that the market seemed to have topped, that the downtrend was resuming, and that the April lows were likely to be tested and were unlikely to hold. Doc was bearish - but that's hardly news, is it? :grin: Of course none of us could predict the exact price and time of the low - but we were expecting the price to fall below the April low in the next few months. Which it promptly did. I still maintain that it would have done so even in the absence of the terrorist attacks - maybe a month or so later than it actually did.

Regards,

Vesselin

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How 'bout just banning Gene Inger and his 900 number! :lol: Doc could have the board change the words to something else entirely, Like CNBS becomes proctovision and, of course, the classic Dover Sole.

I have noticed Doc gets especially riled at that one guys name bandied about. Yet, only one stoolie ever mentions the name. I would imagine if Gene had anything constructive to say we would have heard more about him.

I still don't understand Bare's refusal to adopt TA, though. Kinda strange. :blink:

BAREister is a gaddam troublemaker.

I don't like troublemakers. ?

He's banned.

That's a bit extreme, don't you think. We need BARE around to stir the pot every once in a while. It sometimes gets dull around here with only bears sitting around patting themselves on the back.

Supplysider,

Gotta agree with you on that one, seems extreme to me also." Down with T/A,"down with war",peace, love,dope :D No more censorship :o We can't let the "Man" do this Shit to us :angry: Oops! sorry Doc :D You Da Man :o

Hey, I'm a product of the sixties dontcha know :lol:

Best Regards

Luv the 'toon. ROFLMAZZOFF, etc.

BAREister fell from grace (angel that he is! LOL) BUTT hASS been reDEEMed.

FUR an honorarium, of course... LOL just KIDDING!!!

HONEST!!!

BARE doesn't esCHEW TA. It wuz INGER'S heresy to say there are times TA is trumped by news. It certainly is trumping BULLISH TA FUR what LITTLE THAT hASS been worth these pASSt three years. (HRFF wonders how Wollie manages to survive professionally in light of his endless bull-blather, FUR ex.)

Anyway, let HRFF 'put' it THIS way: if news isn't trumping at least SOME TA at the moment, HRFF is glad it isn't sending the markets to the Heavens, FUR he is, and hASS been since Xmas, HEAVILY short the S***? LOL & Pee.

The BARE remains his UNFLAPPABLE self and now will declaim no more on the SNOOZE butt return to CLOUD NINE to polish his HALO.

Plunger the 900 # wasn't a tout. It was provided so if you wanted you could go listen to Inger yoursELVES .

As to baiting? wasn't intended. A plethora of views is something this ex-attorney welcomes in the search FUR TRUTH, JUSTICE & THE AMERICAN WAY. It wuz offered in that spirit.

Anyway, the great tide is going OUT TO SEA. Hope y'all are positioned FUR it. War or no war. Rallies will not last no matter how virulent they might be.

The die is cASSt .

No more of news. You/We'll have a surfeit uvit soon 'nuff.

I don't see a contradiction between the statement that the market is pschologically driven and TA. In fact they can help explain each other.

People here are so confident in their assertions because they find themselves to be usually right. But just because one person is right, doesn't mean that the other is wrong.

I find it much more useful to find the truth in what people are saying rather than the falsehoods. Understanding other people's model's of the world can greatly enhance your understanding.

If you don't understand someone else's point of view then there is something you are missing. You can then choose to treat it with contempt or be confused by it. Contempt leads to ignorance; confusion leads to learning.

By all means have confidence in your own views and methods, but arrogance should be avoided.

I have benefitted tremendously from the posts of so many wise people on this board. Although they sometimes have arguments, both sides are often correct.

The TA guys say that when different forms of TA agree that makes you more confident. I see the TA, fundamentals, astros and crackpot theories all agreeing.

Sometimes the "I am right therefore you are wrong" attitude is unnecessary. I still want to hear TA and non-TA reasoning as I believe both.

Thanks. :)

Vesselin, you are very good at explaining how TA relates to the market and world events.

Since I didn't particpate in Capital Stool in 2001, were you and/or others here looking for a sharp market fall before the market closings of 9/11/01?

In 2001 my TA was not as good as now, of course - I keep learning. Regarding your question - it depends on how you define "a sharp market fall". Already in August I had noticed that the market seemed to have topped, that the downtrend was resuming, and that the April lows were likely to be tested and were unlikely to hold. Doc was bearish - but that's hardly news, is it? :grin: Of course none of us could predict the exact price and time of the low - but we were expecting the price to fall below the April low in the next few months. Which it promptly did. I still maintain that it would have done so even in the absence of the terrorist attacks - maybe a month or so later than it actually did.

Regards,

Vesselin

Thanks for your response, it makes sense.

I don't see a contradiction between TA and fundemental analysis, there is more than one way to describe the same thing. We are trying to describe in two dimensions something that exists in three or more dimensions - there is no best or complete way to accurately describe markets - yet.

dsm - good review.

BAREister - relieved to see you back. The trouBULL with you is that you don't need TA, beCLAWS you talk your own langWITCH.

Archived