Amiable acrobatics

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

w?s=%5EAORD

A flattish finish for All Ords, +0.1%. Sectors shuffled around with most not gaining traction. Energy +1.2% had a reasonable run with a drop down to Utilities +0.6% and Telecomms/Gold +0.3%.

Over in Asia, China -0.3%, Honkers -2.3%, India -1% and Nikkers flat.

On to UK/Europe:

image;size=239x110

image;size=239x110

image;size=239x110

Current trend in SPX futures remains down. At the current time, it looks like we might have a small downward gap at the open - if so it will be the only unfilled gap on this decline. Personally I hope the futures rally a bit before the open so we don't have a gap - that way we don't have to revisit it to fill the gap for a very long time.

My downside target is roughly SPX 1010 for this move. I expect gold and silver to get dragged down with it, and assuming we see a decline in bullion, I will be re-entering our core holdings in bullion via CEF(I like the prices we currently have already). Assuming I get a downside move in SPX, when I close off my short at a profit in our trading accounts, I will be moving our cash to the Canadian dollar side of the accounts (it is currently on the American side) and then I will be purchasing GLD and SLV on margin on the US side.

Good luck to y'all today!

post-647-13173855504128.gif

Good Morning!

Welcome to The Daily Stool! Thanks to aussiebear for opening the thread each day!

You can join the discussion by registering (PG rated user names only, please) and posting here as well.

Registration is easy. Just click the Register link above, enter your email address (which you have the option to keep confidential), and enter a user name. Due to a deluge of spam registrations, I review all registrations so it may take a few hours for your registration to be approved.

If you have questions about how to register and post, use the Help link in the menu bar at the top of the page.

If you know others who might be interested in joining us, use the email to a friend link above the thread.

Many tanks for joining us!

Doc

Try the Professional Edition risk free for thirty days. If, within that time you don't find the information helpful, I'll give you a full refund. It's that simple!Click here for more information.

Subscribe to the Wall Street Examiner Professional Edition Precious Metals Daily, just $49 quarterly. Try it risk free for 30 days!

Get this indispensable daily analysis and support the Stool!

rfwsad.gif

SPX Update: 9-29-11

In my 10+ years of charting Elliott Wave, I have rarely encountered a market as challenging as this one. Fourth waves are notoriously difficult trading environments, and I know many Elliotticians who simply refuse to trade at all during a fourth wave. While the true intentions of this market on the larger time frames remain somewhat veiled, we can take heart from the fact that we have thus far called virtually all of the turns accurately using shorter time frames and kept our readers on the right side of the trade since early August (even before we started this blog, we were posting accurate turn forecasts on other sites).

Yesterday's action followed our 1-minute chart very well, however it created a situation where the potential first and fourth waves overlapped. This has caused us to shift the preferred labeling from a simple wave (ii) to a complex a-b-c wave (ii); specifically, a running flat (blue labels). If this view is correct, it should complete anytime within the red target circle (meaning it may already be complete, or nearly so), and turn down sharply from there...

continued at http://PretzelCharts.blogspot.com

post-160-1317386385366.png

Archived