• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Long Euro here at 146.67 targeting 148. Hoping I have the patience to wait that long.

I wish all this crap would just freaking collapse. I'm sick of all the lies from the infomercial, corporate-owned media and the local, state/provincial, and federal politicians.

A top must be imminent. :lol:

Speaking of that, we just bought a 2nd home. We don't actually own a 1st home, we're renting our primary.

It's about 4 hrs away....rural, 17 acres, well water, in an area we know well and where there's friends. On-grid, but the site could support wind or solar. Shitloads of firewood. There's a spring & neglected pond I may dredge for hydro & swimming.

The place first came on in summer 2009. After 18 months and 3 price drops we got it for almost 25% off initial ask.

Not at all sure we caught the bottom, but waiting it out was the right call. Intend to have it indefinitely.

Speaking of that, we just bought a 2nd home. We don't actually own a 1st home, we're renting our primary.

It's about 4 hrs away....rural, 17 acres, well water, in an area we know well and where there's friends. On-grid, but the site could support wind or solar. Shitloads of firewood. There's a spring & neglected pond I may dredge for hydro & swimming.

The place first came on in summer 2009. After 18 months and 3 price drops we got it for almost 25% off initial ask.

Not at all sure we caught the bottom, but waiting it out was the right call. Intend to have it indefinitely.

Maine or New Yawk?

Sociapitalism: How the Government Became the Next Bubble

Thought this was interesting...

Sociapitalism is different than Social Capitalism – a European concept. Social capitalism is the redistribution of wealth through social programs, such as unemployment benefits, food stamps, and government housing. Sociapitalism is not a redistribution of wealth, but a redistribution of risk. The government transfers risk from one entity to the system, securing the safety of the entity.

Social capitalism allows corporate failure. Sociapitalism does not, reducing the only possibility of failure to the sovereign state.

Archived