2 in a row for the bears!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is a mammoth power struggle going on between the repressive, fundamentalist, woman-hating rulers of Saudi Arabia, and the even more oppressive more fanatical wing of the royal family. Do not blithely assume that the heavily armed, well-trained nuttier nuts can't take control.

If they do, things are going to get worse beyond your imagining.

And what is so sickening is that all the U.S. dollars which have kept the Saudis with such influence, need not have been sent to our enemies. The U.S. could have been energy independent for the last couple of decades with the resources and technology we already have (I am NOT talking about solar power, I am talking about natural gas and technologies like RTK's). But big oil and Saudi influence-buyers have squelched that repeatedly.

Ya got that right. Used to work in Saudi and other places over there…

The whole “simultaneous” eruption has been waiting in the wings for years.

Do not think for a minute, that the end result will be any form of “democracy” as we know it. The end result will be new “terms” for the energy clients as well as increased oppression for the actual citizens.

These guys are in it for the long term, they are not stupid, they know where things are headed…

Providence plans to pink slip all teachers

In an e-mail sent to all leachers and School Department staff, stuporintendent Tom Brady said, “We are forced to take this precautionary action by the March 1 deadline given the dire budget outline for the 2011-2012 school year in which we are projecting a near $40 million deficit for the dictrict.”

wow..

I see Detroit inner city class sizes are going from 30 to 60 with their closings. Those classrooms are going to be like Thuderdome. 60 kids enter, no teacher leaves.

Hell, taking attendance will take up more than half the class.

I know people hate unions and teachers but I challenge anyone to try to teach at an inter racial school for a year before they pass judgment.

I agree some districts are overpaid and most of it is at the administration level. People have no idea the stress and bullsheet teachers deal with every day making 40k or 45k.

I'd like to see Llyod Blankfeld last a month at Curie in Chicago. He would melt like a stick of butter in a frying pan.

The students would pants the wimp the minute he walked in.

wow..

I see Detroit inner city class sizes are going from 30 to 60 with their closings. Those classrooms are going to be like Thuderdome. 60 kids enter, no teacher leaves.

Hell, taking attendance will take up more than half the class.

I know people hate unions and teachers but I challenge anyone to try to teach at an inter racial school for a year before they pass judgment.

I agree some districts are overpaid and most of it is at the administration level. People have no idea the stress and bullsheet teachers deal with every day making 40k or 45k.

I'd like to see Llyod Blankfeld last a month at Curie in Chicago. He would melt like a stick of butter in a frying pan.

The students would pants the wimp the minute he walked in.

I worked for a while for the New Orleans public schools as a school psychologist, giving tests to kids who weren't doing well in the regular classes, to see if they qualified for Special Education classes and to discover what their particular needs were. I came back from my first visit to one high school and one of my co-workers said "Oh, you were lucky; the last employee we sent over there took a bullet." I didn't last too long at the job. Risking my life on a daily basis is not my idea of a reasonable job. As for teachers willing to risk theirs for the whole school day, 5 days a week, for 9 months a year, in some rough inner city school, I certainly feel no jealousy of them. I think they deserve some pretty good benefits if they make it through to retirement alive.

Archived