Abject abnegation

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's a lot of eggnog. Got to be a record?

Neither the Fed POMO nor the Treasury settlement is remotely close to a record. Although the Treasury supply on a week when nobody is around could be problematic. See Fed Report.

Nice call on FTK Tenacious. Do I owe you a spiff when I close the trade?

Just sharing what I see - even a blind squirrel finds a nut kind of thing. Honestly, there are a lot of breakouts out there but damn its scary here! My trades are either a scalp or if holding I am buying protection.

Schlock index prints of new highs appear to be outdone by the money flowing into Treasuries today. Spectacular spikes up on bonds today. A healthy amount of the POMO must be going there.

I bought some TLT calls yesterday and sold today about the midway point of the second stage spike. Excellent return for a one day hold. $1.63 calls I sold for $2.18. Good enough...bird in the hand and all that.

From the "Did I Just Hear That? Dept."

CNBC guest analcyst....

"we wouldn't be long Russia here because we believe that their economy is being artifically inflated by government stimulus and we don't believe that is sustainable..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzYRvaD-xkQ&feature=related

7 year note auction big indirect bid signals FCB participation up strongly on the week. Analysis and impact in the Treasury update posting tomorrow.

Stay up to date with the machinations of the Fed, Treasury, Primary Dealers and foreign central banks in the US market, along with regular updates of the US housing market, in the Fed Report in the Professional Edition, Money Liquidity, and Real Estate Package. Try it risk free for 30 days. Don't miss another day. Get the research and analysis you need to understand these critical forces. Be prepared. Stay ahead of the herd. Click this link and get in RIGHT NOW!

Archived