A breather

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doc,

Here is your chart:

iamge316.png

I add this:

diminishing-productivity-of-debt-in-the-us-economy.jpg

My comment to both chart - we see diminishing effect of FED pumping lately (we should be at 1500 SPX now). The same story goes with debt - check second chart. I start to thinkin that the engine is broke, if they want a effect they need to pump more and more like 3-5 trillions USD per year! More over, 1,2 trillion is one year deficit for USD, so bigger program means almost printing money for goverment. a road to hiperinflation to me. If they dont want to cross that "thin" line of hipper inflation then, they will say 500 bln-1trillion - this will buy some time, if that wont help - doom!

There were two news items this past week that should create a boost for the economy. First, the big banks have put a hold on further foreclosures in 23 states. Second, rumors that the paperwork on all mortgages from the MBS era is so shoddy that foreclosure is impossible.

My guess is this will create a whole lot more free cash at the Mr./Ms. Fedupwithit level. Cash that will be spent in the rest of the economy. Watch holiday sales beat expectations.

money-spending-expert-com.jpg&t=1

Doc,

Here is your chart:

iamge316.png

I add this:

diminishing-productivity-of-debt-in-the-us-economy.jpg

My comment to both chart - we see diminishing effect of FED pumping lately (we should be at 1500 SPX now). The same story goes with debt - check second chart. I start to thinkin that the engine is broke, if they want a effect they need to pump more and more like 3-5 trillions USD per year! More over, 1,2 trillion is one year deficit for USD, so bigger program means almost printing money for goverment. a road to hiperinflation to me. If they dont want to cross that "thin" line of hipper inflation then, they will say 500 bln-1trillion - this will buy some time, if that wont help - doom!

seems to me the pink line has a lot of catching up to do with the blue and green lines

that would be one helluva rally

zimbabwe r us

Buy every dip until they announce the QE plans?Feels like March 09 all over again.

In March 09 the market was at multi year lows. Most money was frozen. Prices among all asset classes were in the pits. Now every possible piece of crap that is traded is flying. While Doc is obviously correct we don't need any stinking QE the thought that it is going to happen is mind boggling.

If Ben doesn't start walking back QE expectations on Friday, keeping in mind the famous chart above, it's impossible not to imagine a destabilizing meltup. We are in uncharted territory.

On the daily thread somebody posted remarks by Timmy about destabilizing inflation caused by the currency race to the bottom. So it is obvious this is now on the radar and let's face it, QE is a direct attack on the dollar with intent.

Boy that was uplifting!

Nothing like telling it like it is.

He is dead on.

The United States of America is gone - kaput - finished.

Evil and stupidity are the cornerstones of the new United States.

I guess our founding fathers weren't as smart as we are told they were.

Gotta go. Dancing with the Stars is coming on.

When does American Idol start back up?

The Ohio Attorney General just filed suit against GMAC seeking $25K for each false filing in the 'robo signing' foreclosure process. A pure political play but sometimes good politics is good policy. More states are doing this and it isn't the sort of thing where Diamon calls Timmy and things get worked out.

The Ohio Attorney General just filed suit against GMAC seeking $25K for each false filing in the 'robo signing' foreclosure process. A pure political play but sometimes good politics is good policy. More states are doing this and it isn't the sort of thing where Diamon calls Timmy and things get worked out.

Who gets the $25K?

I'll bet it isn't the person that was foreclosed on!

Archived