(Un)employment Situation...hiding on GF

I've been tracking real estate in Colorado for well over a year now. Being that I may be looking for a place out there at some point.

Bottom line, still a ways to go on the downside. Although the deals out there are superior to what one would get for the same $ in NJ.

The one thing I find funny is how folks are still reluctant to take an offer under what they originally paid (with the exception of folks that paid "peak" bubble prices (circa 2005-2006) -- they have come to the full realization that they f**ked up).

But, folks that bought in say 2003 for $400,000 have their casa listed at $401,000 or $399,000.

I can just here it now,

"....but honey, I know you want to move back to Boston, but there is no damn way we're not getting our money back"

Or, how about,

"...I can't believe we paid cash for this thing back in 2003....we could have invested that $400,000 with Trader Joe and just rented....today we'd have $2,500,000 and be able to get the hell out of here tomorrow..."

Maybe what they really want back is the $40,000 in cash they put up to buy the place - the remainder will just pay the bank off.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now banks are taking the next step in running the country.

I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around [the banks] will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs.

Thomas Jefferson, (Attributed)

3rd president of US (1743 - 1826)

http://finance.yahoo.com/banking-budgeting/article/109247/pay-garnishments-rise-as-debtors-fall-behind?mod=bb-creditcards

Wouldn't you feel good if you got sick and had a big medical bill and the local hospital sued you and then took your pay. Makes me wonder if they wrote any legislation into the new health plan to stop that.

I've been tracking real estate in Colorado for well over a year now. Being that I may be looking for a place out there at some point.

Bottom line, still a ways to go on the downside. Although the deals out there are superior to what one would get for the same $ in NJ.

The one thing I find funny is how folks are still reluctant to take an offer under what they originally paid (with the exception of folks that paid "peak" bubble prices (circa 2005-2006) -- they have come to the full realization that they f**ked up).

But, folks that bought in say 2003 for $400,000 have their casa listed at $401,000 or $399,000.

I can just here it now,

"....but honey, I know you want to move back to Boston, but there is no damn way we're not getting our money back"

Or, how about,

"...I can't believe we paid cash for this thing back in 2003....we could have invested that $400,000 with Trader Joe and just rented....today we'd have $2,500,000 and be able to get the hell out of here tomorrow..."

out here in silicon valley it looks like this spring selling season the asking prices are back to Bubble levels. Selling at those prices will be another matter. One casa I looked at has been on the market 5 weeks now. A few others coming online soon.

Prices wouldn't be so sticky if there wasn't so much government interference attempting to kick the can and delay true price discovery. CA can't even afford to have that happen. Property taxes must remain as high as possible in order to fund the government leeches pulling down $100k.

Archived