On the edge of the abyss

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So 7 senators voted Yes (or No) for Cloture vote but actually voted No for renewal ?

Like the outcome or not this is how the system should work. An up or down majority vote. Without a vote that counts there is absolutely no responsibility taken. As I predicted this would go to a vote and he would be confirmed because there was that threat out there that they would be held responsible if the markets went to hell. So in this case the filibuster, in their minds, might have had immediate and severe negative repercussions. On health care if another million or two lose coverage this year and the insurance companies take another 1% of premiums for themselves this year it is an incremental thing and thus there is no negative. The thing is of course now if things go to hell the Yeas for Ben are going to be the ones in the soup.

I am not going to defend Ben but he isn't a dictator. There is push back, if ever so slight, on the board and Helicopter Ben has been pretty much put into the hanger lately and that reflects the push back by the other board members. I don't doubt for a moment all this talk of pulling back is due to the board push back. Ben by himself wouldn't be advertising so heavily the Feds withdrawl from the scene. I suppose he is fully convinced he is right but if I were him I would have been curled up in a fetal position every night since mid 07.

Crammer

"We should be going higher,alot higher...nothing but good news"

^_^ ^_^ ^_^ :lol: <_< <_< <_< :blink: :blink:

He is bullish on CMG which I mentioned earlier, so in a few days it should be ripe for shorting.

However remember if you think about doing this one, that in the past it has taken months longer for it to crack than one would think. Any thoughts anyone has on this one would be greatly appreciated. For some reason I hate this stock and it's always a bad idea to trade a stock you have, um, feelings about.

And the $30/month "unlimited" data plan has no contract. If it sucks, you can walk away, pop in a sim card, and switch providers. It also may not be unlimited but 5gb.

that's ok as long as you don't realize there is no one to switch to. The iPad does not support T mobile 3G frequency, and Verizon doesn't use the 3G protocol at all.

Verizon is supposed to roll out 4G by next year I think, so maybe there is some future compatibility there.

I'm sure TJ can offer some real-world feces to hurl at AMZN's stock purchase buyback decision.

OMG

Don't get me fired up

Buybacks never make any real economic sense

No way

No how

But I have sat through a couple of hundred hours listening to senior management (egged on by investment bankers - who then front run the company) convince themselves it does.

Google is the only one that tried to break the mold in recent history by shunning the bankers for the IPO and never doing a split (yet)

They have the right idea

blah blah blah

Latest Story

Dr. Frankenstein Lives- Professional Edition

January 28, 2010 By Lee Adler The second coming of Dr. Bernankenstein may be one of history’s great “sell the news moments.” Click here to download complete report in pdf format (Professional Edition Subscribers). Try the Professional Edition risk free for thirty days. If, within that time, you don’t find the information useful, I will give you a full refund. It’s that simple. Click here for more information.

Now that companies can fund any and all candidates...can we just have the companies run the United States and get rid of Washington?

I mean really....what's the point anymore, of DC, elections, etc.

In fact, when I was on the corporate side of things as opposed to the covert ops jungle I play in now I had great benefits and fantastic (albeit never used) healthcare.

Long live corporate America !!!

Death to the politicians !!!

At least with companies, you get something. As opposed to policticians, where you get nothing AND have to pay the f**kers for the privilege.

Ac.georgepapandreou.jpg

"Greece bonds and credit-default swaps show investors are starting to doubt that the nation can reduce the largest budget deficit in the European Union without help from outside. "

" Prime Minister George Papandreou said the country doesn’t need to borrow from European nations.

Greece bonds have slumped on concern the government isn’t acting quickly enough to plug a budget deficit that was almost 13 percent of gross domestic product last year, more than four times the EU’s limit. The European Commission said Jan. 27 that Greece hasn’t done enough to tame the shortfall. "

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...a2bW4&pos=5

Monopoly%20Go%20Directly%20To%20Jail%20Abovethelaw%20Above%20the%20Law%20blog.jpg

w?s=EURUSD=X

Strong Euro policy.

looking for a higher move in gold tomorrow.....this was a major bottom today

I'm in the deflationary collapse camp. According to my counts, gold has, at best, made a very short term bottom -- I have gold setting itself up for a third wave down in the not-too-distant future. JMHO.

Archived