Photo

Blue Light Special

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
62 replies to this topic

#46 MrHanky

MrHanky

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,306 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 10:06 PM

Hate to ask, but how much have you lost on the house. Can you dump it and get out whole, or nearly whole? Why not cut your loss? Still cheaper to rent than own there, right?

L

Nothing

#47 Drano

Drano

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 23,315 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 10:18 PM

Escape to Las Vegas.

<embed src="../music/bezos.mp3">

Las Vegas is in great shape, compared to Atlantic City.

http://www.foxnews.c...,485344,00.html

I couldn't find the recent article (within the last few weeks) about how bad things are now.
Of course I'm caustic!

#48 MrHanky

MrHanky

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 14,306 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 10:25 PM

Las Vegas is in great shape, compared to Atlantic City.

http://www.foxnews.c...,485344,00.html

I couldn't find the recent article (within the last few weeks) about how bad things are now.

Was in AC in sept......Could not even explain in words how bad AC is doing,A true disaster :unsure:

Nothing

#49 Jetlag

Jetlag

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 10,776 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 10:53 PM

I figure this is a nice excuse to post some booty

Posted Image

Posted Image

#50 DrStool

DrStool

Chief of Stock Proctology

• Admin
  • 83,390 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 10:59 PM

What a nice young lady.

If your portfolio has you feeling irregular, for fast, long lasting relief, take a subscribatory. And support your local Stool!

#51 Charmin

Charmin

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 34,177 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 10:59 PM

SJH is short Rusty. Looks like a 50 bar bounce buy
http://www.StockShar..._1258081115.png
Cycles + Wyckoff + NTM = TechnoPile
A true Master averts disaster

#52 DrStool

DrStool

• Admin
  • 83,390 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 11:00 PM

Latest Story

The Bad, The Ugly, and The Uglier- Professional Edition Fed Report
Thursday, November 12, 2009 By Lee Adler Tax receipts collapsed at an annual rate of 18% in October, which is far worse than I had feared based on our tracking of the daily data. At the same time, mortgage purchase applications collapsed last week, signaling the tailspin we expected as the first time home suckers panic subsided. The extension of this subsidy isn’t likely to help much.

In the end, the Treasury auctions didn’t perform as well as ballyhooed, just another case of the hype exceeding the reality. Par for the course in this economic house of mirrors. Click here to download complete report in pdf format (Professional Edition Subscribers). Try the Professional Edition risk free for thirty days. If, within that time, you don’t find the information useful, I will give you a full refund. It’s that simple. Click here for more information.

If your portfolio has you feeling irregular, for fast, long lasting relief, take a subscribatory. And support your local Stool!

#53 DrStool

DrStool

• Admin
  • 83,390 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 11:02 PM

The Wall Street Examiner Professional Edition market update will not be posted this evening. An abbreviated update will be posted tomorrow morning. I apologize for the delay!

#54 mdporter

mdporter

Associate Professor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,191 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 11:13 PM

Long story but.......

Paid 250k,it's probably worth 200 to 210k or so now.Had it for sale since feb,had it sold 3 times for 225k but the appraisals came back like crap and lost the deals.

I moved out of it in july and have it occupied by an older couple at top rent.They are doing a rent/buy option at 225k.They put up 6k for the option and they have to excecute it by march 2010 or I keep the 6k.With the roommates coughing up plenty of bucks (they even came to my new rental with me)I will lose a trivial amount of money if it closes.

I also gain a tax advantage since I turned it in to a rental property and can depreciate some losses.All in all I preferred a clean quick sale,but my carry cost is less than 300 a month so I am not worried.It's over $1300 a month after expenses to me while I wait.

If and when I close,I will probably move to a more secluded,mountain location..... :rolleyes:

Hanky are working again?
The men the American people admire most extravagantly are the most daring liars, the men they detest most violently are those who try to tell them the truth. -- H.L. Mencken

"Only a man who knows what it is like to be defeated can ... come up with the extra ounce of power it takes to win." - Muhammad Ali

"When plunder has become a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it." -- Claude Frédéric Bastiat

#55 MrHanky

MrHanky

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 14,306 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 11:24 PM

Hanky are working again?

Nope,Only people with the highest seniority get any work in my local these days....Have not worked since LAST halloween.

I pretty much don't want to stay in the business anymore anyway,unless I find a gig I really like.It's cool though,I have been preparing for this downturn for ages so I am well prepared to ride things out for a long,long time.

I hope :huh:

Nothing

#56 Dharmaeye

Dharmaeye

Doctor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,943 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 11:29 PM

The so called economy is nothing more than a consumption Ponzi Scheme. That has needed continuous feeding with a diet of ever decreasing interest rates and ever increasing consumer debt to survive.

http://www.safehaven...ticle-14999.htm

#57 shorty

shorty

Clinical Professor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,938 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 11:32 PM

jickiss is back!

jickiss is back!

and then corruption doth inherit naaa, just browse for fun, if the Market bores....

http://www.nj.com/corruption/

that some funny stuff in Joisy

Attached Images

• temp.png

Cynical Pontificator of Crock Stocktology

Tiger's Wood, Anthony's Weiner, Barney's Frank, Herman's Cain, Harry's Reid, Elliot's Spitzer

#58 Ags Nightmare

Ags Nightmare

Associate Professor of Stock Proctology

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 11:33 PM

Thanks....I bow to the Master

BTW....keep and eye on that idiot "Karen Finerman"....whose tag line should be...."I don't know"

Just count the number of times she says "I don't know"....it's UFB

And she manages $400,000,000 Give me a break!

I got even a better one for her....having young one this one came to mind... Eeyore

"ahhh...beats me....all I know is I'm stuck in Wallfart the last 10 years and can't get out....ahh...I don't know...I hope things stay bullish.....I really do....ahhh....can't believe I bought a boat load of puts before Hole Foods reported...I don't know..i guess it's gone..."
"I went out and bought an Apple Computer; it had a worm in it"....."When I was born, I was so ugly that the doctor slapped my mother"....'I played hide and seek; they wouldn't even look for me.'- Rodney Dangerfield

My Blog

#59 FranciscoTheMan

FranciscoTheMan

Doctor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,087 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 11:34 PM

Man that is one lucky chair
One day sometime in the future he'll [Cramer] come blubbering and whimpering on air half naked and smeared with his own feces. It'll be the buy signal of the decade. --PhatBubble
One thing I think is certain. The more the world's central banks act to suppress the cost of long term capital, the more of it the market will demand, thereby keeping upward pressure on yields until the CBs have no choice but to relent. At that point we should see a massive final blowoff similar to that which occurred in 1980 and 1981. --Doctor Stool
In a topsy turvy world, growing more and more insane by the minute, terminal eccentricities, like buying Fanny, are barely noticed--Beardrech
"[George W. Bush] is Woodrow Wilson on amphetamines." --Patrick J. Buchanan
"I simply don't know where the money is." --John Corzine

#60 shorty

shorty

Clinical Professor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,938 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 11:39 PM

The so called economy is nothing more than a consumption Ponzi Scheme. That has needed continuous feeding with a diet of ever decreasing interest rates and ever increasing consumer debt to survive.

http://www.safehaven...ticle-14999.htm

I'll gladly pay you Tuesday fer a hamburger turday.

Attached Images

• weird_people_fat_guy_eating_huge_ha.jpg

Cynical Pontificator of Crock Stocktology

Tiger's Wood, Anthony's Weiner, Barney's Frank, Herman's Cain, Harry's Reid, Elliot's Spitzer

Stock market portfolio giving you the runs? See Dr. Stool.

Take a subscribatory!
Download 
The Anals of Stock Proctology now!

The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board
Stool's Gold- Gold and Precious Metals Forum
Look Out Below Message Board

Support your local Stool Board.

The Al E. Greenspeuman designer line at Stoolmart. Get yours today! Click here now!
Get Mugged!

Dr. Stool's
Book Search

Enter title, author, or keyword
Just books
All Products

Old Stool Depository

Live Steaming Pile Chart